Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

What is this?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 173 Replies | 3 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,476 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen posted on Mon, Mar 25 2019 8:42 PM

Anyone?

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
996 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Fri, Mar 29 2019 12:54 PM

A soundmaster will be really cool :-)

I know wireless speakers are what people wants, but a real magical B&O soundsystem can't be bad :-) Smile

Like BeoLab 90 and BeoLab 50, B&O needs a true High Fidelity system, even if it's not "fashionable"

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,605 Posts
Bronze Member

At the end of the installation, visitors are physically led towards the present. In this space, Bang & Olufsen debuts a new experience: a choreographed performance of magical movement, acoustic clarity and human-centric design. Sound, craftsmanship and design merge in this new, visionary Bang & Olufsen product as experiences from the past meets visions for the future.

Note to editors: Bang & Olufsen will have several announcements and collaborations at Milan Design Festival. These will be communicated separately.

Ban boring signatures!

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
996 Posts
Bronze Member

We can see the reflection of Bang & Olufsen in a glass.

is it the glass of a TV screen or the glass of the product itself ?

Teasing is always fun :-)

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,548 Posts
Bronze Member
My dealer has teased that it will be mind blowing and revolutionary. He said it will be a huge game-changer for B&O. Hmmm
Earle
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Fri, Mar 29 2019 4:03 PM

While it's fun listening in on the round-table, I think I might have a go.

The glass behind is clearly a single panel, so TV is very plausible, especially since it's tinted as such. Could also just be a screen for touch controls that light up - a-la BM9000... but touch controls for what exactly? 

As far as what's in front, they look like speakers to me. The texture is evident of speaker cloth. However, the strips seem really tightly packed, so i'm not sure what kind of audio transparency that would give.

My mind tells me this could be a soundsystem for non-B&O TV's. They probably separate to either side in a smooth motion when turned on. 

But then again, that would require a lot of space on either side. And why on earth it would only cover part of the screen is beyond me... That's probably the biggest question from everything I've read.

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
6,033 Posts
Gold Member

Rob - Danish AV:

This and the Beolit 40 hint combined, should give a good hint, I reckon

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
82 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 29 2019 5:01 PM
I also think of a tv, maybe some mechanical screen movement in combination with a rotating speaker system.

And some guy in Struer is probably laughing his ass off, hard! ;-)
PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
135 Posts
Bronze Member
Or just maybe the BS9000 mk4 Whistle
PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member

A sound bar that opens up and radiates sound 180 degrees?

This explains why the lamellas are so close together in one of the pictures: when sounder is off they are closed; they will spread 180 degrees when on. 

This is shown in the picture above: in the background the closed state seen from the front, in the foreground a drawing of the open / on state seen from above.  

But 95% sure it will be something else ;-)

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,645 Posts
Gold Member

A close-up of a new B&O shaver? Big Smile

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:
a new B&O shaver

finally!

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Fri, Mar 29 2019 9:32 PM

Thinking about what PeterBOBP mentioned....

Take a closer look at the panels,... they are spread further apart as you move away from the separation of the aluminium frames.

Curious indeed.

The graphic may not indicate movement at all, but may just indicate the permanent spacing of the panels.

HOWEVER, I'd bet that the semi-circle lines in the graphic are what is indicative of whatever movement is planned.

**Edited to include my interpretation of what I'm trying to get at.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
823 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Fri, Mar 29 2019 10:06 PM
If you look closely at the lamellas from the center split out, you’ll see multiple sandwich layers of wood - some black material- then what looks like aluminum, and then a gap. That doesn’t seem to be the most sonically transparent fret choice. I’m leaning towards it being a door or other covering. But for what?

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Fri, Mar 29 2019 10:23 PM

I give up....

The center wooden piece isn't even aligned correctly, if you look close enough. 

I tried uploading an image pointing it out, but I'm getting that "Beoworld is getting hacked" message.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,848 Posts
Bronze Member

Robin:
I hope there will be some sort of speakers with a similar wood / aluminum design.

Then I choose a stand alone center speaker in aluminum. I don't like wooden slats.  Big Smile 

Page 6 of 12 (174 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL