rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,833 Posts
Bronze Member
leosgonewild posted on Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:21 AM
Pictures in order. Do note you will not be able to put it together again due to the bearings.

All Replies

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,296 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 2:42 PM
What happened ?
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,833 Posts
Bronze Member
Wheel was a bit stuck, and I was curious.
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,408 Posts
Silver Member
I have one with a rather tight wheel. Were you able to make yours turn more smoothly and how?
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,833 Posts
Bronze Member
I need to get a hold of some magnets in order to reassemble the bearing. Will update on it when I get around to it.

That gunk is cause by me. I filled it with weapon oil before opening it. I was hoping it would lube the bearing.

But I suspect that the deal on the bearing is not good enough, causing the grease in the bearing to dry out and harden.
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,408 Posts
Silver Member

leosgonewild:
I need to get a hold of some magnets in order to reassemble the bearing. Will update on it when I get around to it.

That gunk is cause by me. I filled it with weapon oil before opening it. I was hoping it would lube the bearing.

But I suspect that the deal on the bearing is not good enough, causing the grease in the bearing to dry out and harden.

I'm glad you told me that. For a moment, I had considered using WD-40, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be a good idea.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,833 Posts
Bronze Member
I remember someone had spilled some drink on the remote, causing some discoloration under the plastic plate with the logo. At least that can be easily removed with a spider to be cleaned.

It is made of plastic, and glue holds it in place.
laseralex
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks so much for this!

Would you mind taking a close-up photo of the square chip on the side with less components?  That's likely the main professor and I am very curious to know what part they used.  

2x Beosound Moment
4x Beosound Essence Mk II
3x Beolab 8000
1x Beolab 6000
1x Beolab 3
3x Beolab 2
2x BeoPlay M5
1x BeoPlay A6
8x Essence Remote

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL