rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Gmw76
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Gmw76 posted on Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:02 AM

Hi

I have recently got a couple of B&O machines up and running and may have caught the bug !

I have returned a Beocenter 2200 back to service and also a Beogram 1202. Thanks to the information here this was a great help so thought I would join in.

Regarding the Beocenter 2200 I was attempting to use the tape in din to connect an external Philips CD160 player. I am hoping it was coincidence but just after, I lost full volume on one channel followed by the other 2 days later. This was the same for all audio functions.

I repaired by replacing 4-off electrolytics around the cut out for radio dial. I am nervous about connecting the CD player back up though as I am worried this may not have helped.

The CD specification states line output at 2v. I am trying to establish max input for the Beocenter din tape in channels. Can anyone help as 2v appears to be on the high side for line levels.

Thanks

Mark

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,991 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 1:23 PM

Welcome to BeoWorld!

We've got the Service Manual for this machine in our archives (Type 2421/22/25). If you upgrade to Silver Membership you can access all of the manuals as often as you wish!  Smile

Failing that, I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you!

DMacri
Top 150 Contributor
United States
700 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 1:36 PM
Not a definitive answer but CD level is often 2v, and that is certainly not near any voltage overload level for you to be concerned about.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,695 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 3:42 PM

Those capacitors are known troublemakers.
It's not something that happened because you connected something to the Beocenter.
It would have happened regardless - sooner or later.

Martin

Gmw76
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Gmw76 replied on Tue, Mar 26 2019 8:08 PM

Thanks guys. I have circuit diagram and a reasonable background in electronics but the coincidence put doubt in my head. I have looked to see if my CD line output level was comparable to an older B&O cassette output level and then deduce it would be ok. However other equipment looked to be lower levels (0.75v etc.)

From what you are saying the input should be able to handle the line level outputs of my CD. I will connect up again and see how we go.  

For anyone replacing the troublesome capacitors, make sure to lie them down in the same direction they were removed. Otherwise they foul the radio dial mechanism. Guess how I know !

Thank you

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL