BeoSound 9000 Aux Port

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
MisterDarlin posted on Tue, Mar 19 2019 3:26 AM

Is the BeoSound 9000 aux port input or output? Can I use it as a line out with an adapter? Or can I only use the headphone jack?

All Replies

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
146 Posts
Founder
beoaus replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 5:22 AM
Yes, with the correct cable.

Goodluck Beoaus.
PaulGiles
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member
We have used this port when connecting to SONOS connect when the BS9000 is connected to speakers to incorporate into a SONOS system for the rest of the house.

Works well.
Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
125 Posts
Bronze Member

The aux connector is for connecting auxiliary equipment to the Beosound 9000, and therefore is input only. You can get output via the power link at the back or the headphone jack.

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosince98:

The aux connector is for connecting auxiliary equipment to the Beosound 9000, and therefore is input only. You can get output via the power link at the back or the headphone jack.

Noted. Does one powerlink port carry a stereo signal? Would this cable do the job?

https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/110-329-5-pin-din-to-twin-rca-powerlink-compatible-to-non-bo-hifi-amplifier-receiver-etc-din-to-twin-phono.html#/2-length-1m

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,370 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Please note that the Aux port on the Beosound 9000 is both an input AND an output.  It can be used either to send a stereo source into the 9000 (ie. to add an iPod or Sonos player to the B&O system), or to give a line level (not volume controlled) output from the 9000 to an external system (eg. to play CD and radio from the 9000 to Sonos players in other rooms).

The difference between the output of the Aux socket and the Powerlink sockets is as follows:-

1) The Powerlink outputs are affected by the volume level of the 9000, whereas the Aux output is not

2) Different wiring is needed in the cables for each socket, so you need the correct cable for Aux Out or Powerlink Out

Both the Powerlink and Aux sockets carry stereo signals (ie. left and right audio within one socket).  Powerlink is an output only.

Please feel free to get in touch via my sponsor link below if you need any help with the correct cables to connect to the 9000 and I will be pleased to assist.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
67 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 1:32 PM

Hi,

it works both ways pins 1,4 are out while 3,5 are in, pin 2 is gnd

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
125 Posts
Bronze Member

I apologize for my false answer to your question!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL