BeoSound 9000 Floorstand

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 1 Follower

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
MisterDarlin posted on Sun, Mar 17 2019 3:45 AM

I’ve noticed two different models of floorstands for the BeoSound 9000. Model 2055 and model 2065. Are there any differences between the two?

All Replies

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
107 Posts
Bronze Member
I think the earlier one was a more polished finish whereas the later one was more of a brush effect. (Base)

Unsure on model numbers though.
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,040 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Mar 17 2019 9:44 AM

There were indeed two 'styles' - but I was actually unaware they had different type numbers!

The first version had a polished aluminium 'trim plate' on the circular base. I'd guess these ran for maybe 2-3 years from the launch of the 9000 in 1996 to around 1998/9. The second version had the aluminium trim plate in brushed aluminium (circular effect) to match the casing of the unit. The circular base of the stand on the later version was actually very slightly larger.

If you find an earlier polished version cheap enough there's nothing stopping you popping off the trim and replacing it with a later one. It's only held down with double sided tape but you may have to get a bit rough with it!

Lee

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
158 Posts
Bronze Member

The later stand is hight adjustable, too. Either to have it match Beolab 8000 or Beolab 1.

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member

I believe 2055 is the earlier model and 2065 is the later model. Can someone confirm this?

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosince98:

The later stand is hight adjustable, too. Either to have it match Beolab 8000 or Beolab 1.

This is great info! Lost out on an auction for a brand new 2055 recently and was kicking myself. Definitely prefer the 2065 since I plan on getting some 8000’s to match. Thanks!

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member

PaulGiles:
I think the earlier one was a more polished finish whereas the later one was more of a brush effect. (Base)

Unsure on model numbers though.

I believe 2055 is the earlier model and 2065 is the later model. The service manual indicates that the 2065 is height adjustable. Can someone please confirm this?

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

There were indeed two 'styles' - but I was actually unaware they had different type numbers!

The first version had a polished aluminium 'trim plate' on the circular base. I'd guess these ran for maybe 2-3 years from the launch of the 9000 in 1996 to around 1998/9. The second version had the aluminium trim plate in brushed aluminium (circular effect) to match the casing of the unit. The circular base of the stand on the later version was actually very slightly larger.

If you find an earlier polished version cheap enough there's nothing stopping you popping off the trim and replacing it with a later one. It's only held down with double sided tape but you may have to get a bit rough with it!

Lee

That’s good to know, thanks!

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
345 Posts
Gold Member

i thought it was to suit Beolab 6000/8000 height adjustments?

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm looking at the diagram from the service manual and I don't understand how there are two height adjustments. I just see 1 height...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL