rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 79 Replies | 0 Followers

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,584 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher posted on Sun, Mar 10 2019 12:24 PM

As an old timer, I remember Beoworld not only being very informative but also a really fun place to post and generally hang out!

Sadly (and I say this with great regret) the "fun" element seems to have gone - have the fun people left and if so why? - have, in general, internet forums moved on to be inhabited by dry, PC types? - have the Beoworld old guard lost interest and faith in the new products or company (please differentiate in replies)? In short, what has happened to my favourite forum?

Ban boring signatures!

All Replies

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 12:11 PM

Ah yes Wednesday, everyone's favourite forum post Whistle

Yeah I need to be a bit more onto it, I blame moving between hemispheres and the ongoing unpacking and plugging back in of B&O kit. All done now though so hey Beer

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
5,990 Posts
Gold Member

Puncher:
You've no idea how much this saddens me if it's in anyway a true reflection upon where we are heading as a race!

To quote the Gadfather: "Slowly we inch toward the abyss of infinite darkness." Just realized this is my first post in almost 15 months.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,458 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 2:18 PM

Peter the Biker:
Re Syfy shows: I watched The German show “Raumpatrouille”

Re fun: I am missing the Wedthread, which was partly drowned in too much alcohol...

I've never seen it sadly. I'll have to look and see if I can find it under the Space Patrol title over here.

I did get into a much later show which was a joint German/Canadian production, "Lexx." Low budget but wildly creative and completely bent.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Evan
Top 25 Contributor
Germany
3,582 Posts
Gold Member
Evan replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 3:30 PM
beocool:

Just realized this is my first post in almost 15 months.

Beek! Hope all is well Yes - thumbs up

Beo4 'til I die!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,584 Posts
Bronze Member

Young Evan! - how the devil are you!??

(and Beek of course)!

Ban boring signatures!

Evan
Top 25 Contributor
Germany
3,582 Posts
Gold Member
Evan replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 7:35 PM

Puncher:

(and Beek of course)!

Doing great! Yes - thumbs up I'm a living, breathing (and maybe even contributing) member of society these days haha!

Hope all is well, Punch Smile

Beo4 'til I die!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,897 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 8:08 PM

I tend to agree - the fun went as the products became so similar to others on the market. And not working as well. In my case, I am also now working harder than ever and simply don't have the time that I did. When we first set up, I felt I knew all the products and could explain how they worked and gave a reasonably helpful opinion. I am now miles behind and my interest in the latest TVs can be seen in the fact that my 3 main TVs are a CRT Avant, a BV3 and a BV5!!

Still fantastic and great sound by the way!!

Peter

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,584 Posts
Bronze Member

Evan:

Puncher:

(and Beek of course)!

Doing great! Yes - thumbs up I'm a living, breathing (and maybe even contributing) member of society these days haha!

Hope all is well, Punch Smile

Chipper as always, thanks. Nice to see you're no longer a drain on resources!Whistle

Ban boring signatures!

cooldude
Not Ranked
63 Posts
Bronze Member

I still browse around here once in a while ! Smile

I don't have much to ask or comment about lately. Just like so many others Life, work, family and other obligations have taken over most of my time. I also am not up to date with all the newer gear, so I can't really help anyone out with that. Only thing I am in the market for currently is a good deal on a US beosystem 3. 

I also moved a couple of years ago and most of my gear is still boxed ....Sad All we use right now is the old Ouverture with BL2500 speakers. Which is certainly not the worst but not ideal either. I have been liquidating some of my gear as it no longer works in our space. But I'll be asking a few questions and tips on how to set my other stuff back up over the next few months.

I have a beolab 7.1 which seems dead so that'll be the first thing to get checked out, after that it'll be my BL8000's which are dire need of a tune up.  Over the summer I'll be looking to find some threads with tips on how to get the best out of them again. 

Glad to see many familiar names again !

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
808 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 10:56 PM
cooldude:

Only thing I am in the market for currently is a good deal on a US beosystem 3.

I was able to buy two used BeoSystem 3 units from by dealer in Boston for less than $1k each, with a warranty. They work perfectly. It never hurts to ask. Maybe your nearest dealer has some too.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

cooldude
Not Ranked
63 Posts
Bronze Member

Not happening here in Canada, I’m afraid 😟 , hence trying to source in the US.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,290 Posts
Gold Member

Evan:

Just translating so Young Evan knows what he is writing

Es geht mir gut, Ich lebe, Ich atme (ab und zu zahle Ich Steuern) Ich bin Mitglied in eine Wohngemeinschaft Big Smile

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
808 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 12:12 PM
I think we need some aspiring, rock solid products to drool over. Geoff has done his best with the 90 and 50, although the software team may have let him down a bit. Maybe a Beolab 30 with some trickle down technology from it’s big brothers would help?

Video tech is moving too quickly, so why not make a BeoSystem 5 controller with built in voice control, streaming services, powerlink, and WiSA? Just bring your own screen, and update it every few years if you want. Just don’t price it at $20k.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
817 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:12 PM

Agree with everything said so far, the fun element seems to have gone - I used to check the forum regularly for updates but have been doing so less and less recently as there's not much to interest me.

PaulW's posts used to really wind me up but they were fun, mainly because he made such an idiot of himself. I suspect he is in a coffee bar somewhere with his Macbook pro and racing bike leaning against the window whilst he is reading this, that or planning a save the planet surfing trip

I guess this is the age of twitter, instagram and unsocial media

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,285 Posts
Bronze Member
He did a mass defriending post Brexit, which I ended up being part of. I asked him to not be silly and at least keep posting, but I suspect he was too busy knitting yoghurt in Vegetable rights militia to bother with the likes of me.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Page 4 of 6 (80 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL