rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 79 Replies | 0 Followers

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher posted on Sun, Mar 10 2019 12:24 PM

As an old timer, I remember Beoworld not only being very informative but also a really fun place to post and generally hang out!

Sadly (and I say this with great regret) the "fun" element seems to have gone - have the fun people left and if so why? - have, in general, internet forums moved on to be inhabited by dry, PC types? - have the Beoworld old guard lost interest and faith in the new products or company (please differentiate in replies)? In short, what has happened to my favourite forum?

Ban boring signatures!

All Replies

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
Puncher:

We had several, who, alas, have all disappeared!

Ban boring signatures!

It’s a shame you aren’t on Facebook. Paul Wynn’s page is a corker, you’d loveErm..

You've no idea how much this saddens me if it's in anyway a true reflection upon where we are heading as a race!

If he introduced himself by his Facebook "tagline" to anyone in Newcastle his lifespan (regardless of nutrition) could be measured in milliseconds!

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,300 Posts
Bronze Member
I thought the big market was full “liberal internationalists”Yes - thumbs up

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 6:55 PM

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, any social media. But looking at Paul's page, holy carp, he's a living example of why I don't do Social Media, there are too many people like that on it.

I know there are a couple of members out there that really don't like me. All I can say is that flappo has said I'm a jerk, so they're in good company. Stick out tongue

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Chris for that PaulW page, that was great fun.

Brain exercice : crackling Century, Beovision 6, surf and Mac.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoGreg:

Thanks Chris for that PaulW page, that was great fun.

Brain exercice : crackling Century, Beovision 6, surf and Mac.

I would say that if all four crop up on any internet page then do yourself a favour and either move straight on or else lock safely away any loaded weapons before reading!Stick out tongue

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:

Member PaulW's Facebook profile should not be displayed without his permission.

Nevermind! It did cheer a few of us up while it was here!Laughing

Ban boring signatures!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,060 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 7:39 PM

I'm as guilty as anyone for being a bit down and negative about the way things have gone for the brand, which in all honesty has drained me of much of my humour and upbeat attitude. I can only apologise for this.  B&O was my life, my future and also something to take me into my pension. I put my heart and soul into it, then when it all falls apart around you through absolutely nothing you've done wrong personally it's a bitter pill to swallow...

I also think the world is indeed becoming incredibly sensitive.  We almost look for new and inventive ways to be outraged!!  It saddens me.

I was on LinkedIn yesterday and some airline had posted an image of a pilot with a large bunch of flowers. It was an image accompanying their support for International Womens Day and the internet went mad with disgust, outrage and condemnation. Interflora seem to be making millions out of females enjoying a beautiful bunch of flowers - so how about attacking them, too?  It's not as if the pilot was holding up a shirt and pointing to an iron - was it?!!! Honestly...

I'm also not sure if the world is just pretty volatile at the moment. Politics and Economies are in flux, the media feed us with bad news hour by hour, and the internet in general seems to have become a haven for greed, avarice and selfishness.

... or am I just getting old and grumpy? Unsure

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 7:47 PM

Isn't it a public page?

Jeff

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,310 Posts
Gold Member

9 LEE:
... or am I just getting old and grumpy? Unsure

Puncher will cheer you up

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 7:50 PM

I don't think you're getting too grumpy Lee. Accurate in noticing the state of the world, absolutely, there's a lot wrong, especially in the online world. Getting old? I don't know, do you sit outside and tell kids "your music sucks and get off my lawn!"??? Big Smile

Jeff

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,300 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff:

Isn't it a public page?

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus.

Yes, and anything in public legally has no expectation of privacy.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,310 Posts
Gold Member

Look here what happens to fun https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/36571/273314.aspx#273314

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,060 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:30 PM

Jeff:

..... do you sit outside and tell kids "your music sucks and get off my lawn!"??? Big Smile

I'm very lucky in that my Son appreciates all the music I loved from my teens to my thirties and my Daughter has impeccable taste in the modern stuff too! I actually say "turn that music UP!!!" more than I say down..  Luckily I like music from the 70's to present day in all forms except Jazz, Techno and Country & Western so I'm lucky really.

As for my lawn, Meh....  grass is a weed. It recovers, no matter what you do to it. Yes - thumbs up

The thing I just don't get is kids watching kids chatting drivel to a webcam and those kids earning a fortune from doing it! Companies pay them fortunes to keep doing so, as long as it sells their products. I used to have a famous YouTuber called Joe Weller live next door to me. All he seemed to do was go to the gym, drive his Mercedes around, and film himself living his daily life!!  For goodness sake, whoever watches that needs to get one of their own..

Anyway...  enough of that.  How could we inject more fun into BeoWorld?  Any suggestions?  I'm up for it... Smile

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:47 PM

Søren Mexico:

Oh FFS! That's a perfect example of what's wrong with too many people. Egos that are easier to bruise than a ripe peach.

How to make BW more fun? A few Thunderdome/steel cage/death matches maybe? Big Smile Thing is you can't make it more fun than the brand and the majority of the "members" support. The more people like a male member the members include the worse it'll be.

I think it's hard to counteract a lack of enthusiasm for the current state of B&O. Unless and until that changes we're stuck with a lack of interest and enthusiasm here. If B&O survives, I have serious doubts given the path lately. But I suppose I'm overly negative. But if you banned everyone who said anything negative about B&O I think this place would be a ghost town.

Jeff

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,356 Posts
Silver Member

Søren Mexico:

Wow. How did that cartoon get turned into an insult? Yes, that thread summarises how the fun has been drained from everything!

Graham

Page 2 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL