rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

rjclark71
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
rjclark71 posted on Tue, Mar 5 2019 12:57 PM

Hi,

I am a complete Noob when it comes to Bang & Olufsen, but I recall the days when as a pre-teen I hovered in the local dealers in the UK, admiring the hardware, only to get shooed away by the manager.

Now at the ripe age of 51 , I have just acquired a Beocenter 1800, its running a bit slow , but a new belt and some lube should remedy that.

However the heart of the system, the MMC3000, I realise these are not cheap to replace and I am hoping that the one included will be OK.

I have included some photos I took, which I hope someone could say its worth pursuing or just to break the system up for parts, but I would love to give this a go to get going.

Any help or advice greatly received. I have started to read the forums to gleam further information and also downloaded the manuals for the system

Kind Regards

Bob

All Replies

AudioOrigin
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Those images have very little detail, what I can tell you is that the diamond is present and I cannot see any issues, this does not mean its ok,

Stylus wear cannot be viewed at this magnification, also suspension failure and channel failure are possibilities.

If you want to post it to me, I would be happy to take a look at it under a microscope for stylus wear and check the other parameters and let know its condition

Best regards Alistair

Audio Origin       

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL