rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Beophile
Not Ranked
USA
41 Posts
Bronze Member
Beophile posted on Tue, Mar 5 2019 12:19 AM

Has the Beosound 35 been discontinued? I don't see it on B&O's website anymore (at least in the US).

All Replies

bs206
Not Ranked
60 Posts
Bronze Member
bs206 replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 11:05 AM

On the Dutch site still available. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,002 Posts
Bronze Member

The website seems to be quite disorganized right now. It has the Celestial and Palatial speakers under Sound Systems and the Core listed under Accessories.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
Beophile:

Has the Beosound 35 been discontinued? I don't see it on B&O's website anymore (at least in the US).

Hi

It is end of life and there are only about 75 units left.

Regards

Stuart
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
702 Posts
Bronze Member

A pitty... I kinda linked the system a lot!

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,552 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 1:48 PM
beojeff:

The website seems to be quite disorganized right now. It has the Celestial and Palatial speakers under Sound Systems and the Core listed under Accessories.

Yes it’s a mess. Accessories mixed in with products (but only in some cases). I’m struggling with a page called “speakers” showing the A1 through BL90s in no particular order whatsoever.
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,215 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:09 PM

I don't think it ever sold in big numbers, did it?

I have to say I liked it, but not £1,745 liked it...

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
485 Posts
Gold Member
9 LEE:

I echo that statement.
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

It never sold in numbers like the BeoLab 3500, which when I started with B&O in 2000 was priced at £995. Sadly it was priced out of the market and the portfolio. I am sure something new and shiny will come in the future, live being optimistic Smile
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,002 Posts
Bronze Member

The BeoLab 3500 enjoyed a good, long life. I've had mine for over 17 years and had been considering replacing it with a 35. The alternative would be to replace it with another beolab(s) and a core, but then the cost it getting up there without the benefit of the display of the 35.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
We have swapped out a few BL3500 with the BS35. It was an easy update for the client and it’s a modern twist of the BL3500. We use the bracket from STB which takes all of 20 minutes to do. It is a good convenient all in one solution for sure.
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 9:41 PM

w5bno123:
We have swapped out a few BL3500 with the BS35. It was an easy update for the client and it’s a modern twist of the BL3500. We use the bracket from STB which takes all of 20 minutes to do. It is a good convenient all in one solution for sure.

What did you think of the sound of the 35 compared with the 3500?

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
846 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 9:51 PM

Jeff:
What did you think of the sound of the 35 compared with the 3500?

I have a 3500 and have listened to a 35 in the store a few times.  The 35 is definitely an improvement to my ears.  A bit "livelier" with "punchier" bass (I always thought the 3500 was quite "laid back"), but, to me, not worth the cost of upgrade... especially since I still have a ML system so I would be gaining (integrated streaming) as well as losing features (CD, radio) in the trade.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:02 PM

Thanks for the description! I would tend to agree with you about not being worth the price delta especially if I already had a 3500 and a ML setup. Once I finished my link setup I find myself rarely using my Beolit 15 but I did a lot until I finished the ML. Often for link rooms a bit laid back is not a bad thing I think, but I wish I had the opportunity to hear both. For me ML does what I need/want fine.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
376 Posts
Bronze Member

It was a speaker that never got the promoting it deserved! amazing, use as sound bar or stand alone.

I bought a dealer discounted one and set it up for a week at home and loved it! But a shape is going up at home so cant keep too much

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL