Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

beo sound moment

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 87 Replies | 4 Followers

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
130 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul cheacker posted on Sun, Mar 3 2019 9:17 AM

Hi, I bought a beo sound moment off of ebay in January so decided to buy the wall stand. whilst installing the stand and putting the cables inside the wall to make a clean look, the beo sound moment was unplugged for two days. after replugging it in now the screen is just blank. its been on charge over night and still nothing. is this correct what I've been reading that this is a known issue and it will need to be repaired. to me thats incredible i have never had a product in my life before whereby being off charge it needs to be repaired. if this is so, how much will this cost. its very nearly turned me off of b and o and on to sonos. 

if anyone knows how to fix this, or how much it costs can you please advise me. thanks

Current b and o Products

beosound 5 encore, beolabs 6000, beogram 4500, playmaker mk1

All Replies

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,672 Posts
Bronze Member

andy_js:
My Moment suffers from the stuttering issue. It’s pathetic. I think twice about using it when we have visitors because it’s so embarrassing. On an unrelated note, the YouTube app on my BV11 has also started to have issues.
And the Moment and the BV11...... It seems like you have a network issue! 

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
222 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa:

And the Moment and the BV11...... It seems like you have a network issue!

The issue is definitely B&Os dodgy software, and it was a lot better before their last software update. All they have to do is release a new update that undoes whatever it was they did to break it. The same goes for the metadata which used to display correctly.
Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:11 AM

Hello all,

Do any of you have an issue with FIP Radio no longer streaming from the Moment? All other stations on the Moment work fine and FIP works directly from the Web or the TuneIn App, so the service does work. 

Thanks.

paul_mcbride  

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
You are correct, FIP as well as other radios from Radio France are failing to start on the Moment while working correctly in other B&O products with TuneIn service.

Note: it is not related to location as I’m located in France

Time for a ticket to B&O support !

Another brick in the wall!

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 9:17 PM

Thanks mbolo01. Logged a ticket this morning, will keep you posted. 

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 10:23 PM
Paul:

I did too

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Paul
Not Ranked
Westport, Ireland
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Sat, Jan 15 2022 11:02 AM

It appears to be resolved! 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Jan 15 2022 11:52 AM
Paul:

It appears to be resolved!

Indeed, let’s see what B&O support says about it

schatzoy
Not Ranked
Zurich
64 Posts
Bronze Member

andy_js:
My Moment suffers from the stuttering issue. It’s pathetic. I think twice about using it when we have visitors because it’s so embarrassing. On an unrelated note, the YouTube app on my BV11 has also started to have issues. The video stops but the sound keeps playing. It would be nice if such an expensive product was maintained for a bit longer. I bought mine in 2015. My Moment was purchased shortly after and was completely unusable until the firmware was basically rewritten years later.

The YouTube app on my BV11 has started making problems years ago, exactly as you described. It would play 2-3 videos without a hitch and then it stalls, i.e. the picture freezes, sound continues to work.

I have solved the issue with the STB that also has YT installed and Apple TV also comes with YT.

Page 6 of 6 (88 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL