Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

beo sound moment

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 66 Replies | 4 Followers

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul cheacker posted on Sun, Mar 3 2019 9:17 AM

Hi, I bought a beo sound moment off of ebay in January so decided to buy the wall stand. whilst installing the stand and putting the cables inside the wall to make a clean look, the beo sound moment was unplugged for two days. after replugging it in now the screen is just blank. its been on charge over night and still nothing. is this correct what I've been reading that this is a known issue and it will need to be repaired. to me thats incredible i have never had a product in my life before whereby being off charge it needs to be repaired. if this is so, how much will this cost. its very nearly turned me off of b and o and on to sonos. 

if anyone knows how to fix this, or how much it costs can you please advise me. thanks

Current b and o Products

beosound 5 encore, beolabs 6000, beogram 4500, playmaker mk1

All Replies

James1980
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Mine has been rock solid prior to and after the update, very odd

Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
265 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff:

Since the software update this week, I can no longer integrate to use my beovision speakers.

Hi Beojeff,

For reference I’ve connected my BSM to my Horizon (through the setup on the BSM) and this works fine for me. Both BSM and Horizon are hardwired.

Do you have the same setup?
Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
78 Posts
Bronze Member

Does somebody know (or can B&O provide information), what are the reasons behind the new software update?

Luckily my software is still on 2.2.23900-2.2.22636.26265250

And thank you very much for the information in this thread, I immediately turned off the „Automatic software update“. After all the software problems in the past, I am finally happy to have a Beosound Moment that is running smooth. So I decided no more software updates on my Moment!

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,474 Posts
Founder

beojeff:
Since the software update this week, I can no longer integrate to use my beovision speakers.

Can you see your Horizon on the list of networkdevices under Beolink?

Sometimes taking the power off both can solve communication issues.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
519 Posts
Bronze Member

I am also experiencing frequent wifi dropouts suddenly... Moment then needs to go through reconnect process. Seriously, can we please have a rollback to previous firmware - all was working well? 

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,452 Posts
Silver Member

AnalogPlanet:

I am also experiencing frequent wifi dropouts suddenly... Moment then needs to go through reconnect process. Seriously, can we please have a rollback to previous firmware - all was working well? 

I'm having those exact same issues. I can connect with my Beovision 10 to use its speakers for a short time, but then the connection becomes unstable and I have to reboot the Moment. I'm using a wired Cat7 connection, btw. When the connection is lost, the Moment is no longer shown in the list of NL devices on the nl/ml converter. However, all of my other NL devices are still shown in the NL list on the converter.

Giraffe
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member
It‘s also happed to me. I just received my Moment back from a service technician (Jukebox was dead for the second time and had to be replaced once more) and found that the SW was updated. Now audio is stuttering like hell. I‘m using the Moment integrated with my BV11.

The Moment sadness continues...
Page 5 of 5 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL