Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beomaster 6000 4-ch. - anyone have a photo of the "kickstand"?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Jack
Not Ranked
Rochester, NY, USA
41 Posts
Bronze Member
Jack posted on Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:31 PM

My type 2702 is slowly but Shirley Whistlebeing readied for use. Now, here's a non-electronic question:

The living room installation requires that the Beomaster 6000 be mounted a bit high in the cabinetry so I think I will want to tilt the unit forward a bit for better visibility. I think the t2702 left the factory with some sort of wire (metal rod) that is used for just such a purpose. Sadly, my unit doesn't have it. All that's left on the underside is three screws and bits of plastic - parts of the original mount. I'm pretty sure there should be four screws. There should be some sort of arrangement that allows the user to fold the bent metal rod up when not needed, and bring it down when used to prop up the rear of the unit.

Does anyone have a photo of this mounting gizmo? I'd like to get an idea whether I might be able to replicate this thing but I've never seen any picture or drawing of it. For all I know, it might not even be a bent wire prop, but that's all I can think of.

I realize that no one takes pictures of the rear end of their BM6000. No one? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Jack

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

sansuisteve
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Jack

Jack,

I will look under my unit today. Do you have high quality service and user pdf's?

Steve

All Replies

sansuisteve
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Jack

Jack,

I will look under my unit today. Do you have high quality service and user pdf's?

Steve

Jack
Not Ranked
Rochester, NY, USA
41 Posts
Bronze Member
Jack replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 9:29 PM

Well, yes and no. I have a CD that has 'most everything and I have Silver privileges here. The "no" part is that the original factory materials are a lot nicer than copies.

I seem to recall seeing a photo of a B&O unit that had what looked like a bent wire as a prop. I want to duplicate it as well as possible so there's no chance of it collapsing. There is also the concern that the front of the Beomaster could slide forward and carry the Monster Masterpiece down four feet to the floor. I would presume the design people built the kickstand to NOT allow it to slide. I'm breaking into a sweat just thinking of it.

JackM

Jack
Not Ranked
Rochester, NY, USA
41 Posts
Bronze Member
Jack replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 9:33 PM

Or...you were asking about my Internet service? It is painfully slow. But jpegs and bitmaps eventually make it, as do PDFs. I'm patient.

JackM

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,188 Posts
Bronze Member

The original stand is not particularly substantial so do not pin your hopes on it being a permanent solution. I would be tempted to give it some assistance.

Regards Graham

Jack
Not Ranked
Rochester, NY, USA
41 Posts
Bronze Member
Jack replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 10:37 PM

I figured the kickstand would have been designed by an expert in wirebending or something that would guarantee a safe posture (as opposed to, I could only think of stuffing a hunk of wood under the rear).

And I will definitely build a nice, but sturdy, rim to the shelf that will prevent disaster, which, by the way, is my middle name.

JackM

square4
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Gold Member

Here are some pictures,i hope you can use them.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,188 Posts
Bronze Member

It is the plastic mounts that break. I have had two BM6000 quads with one plastic mount broken on each.

I can't speak for how the damage was caused as they were purchased as faulty for refurb during my trader days. Maybe the units had been dropped for all I know.

Regards Graham

Jack
Not Ranked
Rochester, NY, USA
41 Posts
Bronze Member
Jack replied on Sun, Sep 1 2019 1:01 PM

My thanks to everybody - especially square4 for the photos. That "wire" looks a bit heavier than I remembered.

The plastic mounts (if they are, indeed, plastic) are the Achilles Heel of the stand. Interesting, if someone could duplicate a good pair via 3D printer. I suspect the factory brackets break because they're on the brittle side. Or they become brittle after decades of heat.

Barring some very inventive thinking from someone, I may want to redesign my shelves so that the 6000-4 is lower. After all, it's too beautiful a unit. It must be displayed properly.

JackM

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL