Beolab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Oasis
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member
Oasis posted on Sat, Feb 23 2019 7:53 AM

How do you activate a pair of BL 50s connected to a BV Avant without having to turn the TV on to listen to streamed music from i device? 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Esax replied on Sun, Feb 24 2019 10:58 AM
Verified by Geoff Martin
Oasis:

What do you mean by that?

From page 37 in the manual.

12.4 Loudspeakers don’t turn on automatically

If the BeoLab 50’s are set to recognise the Wireless Power Link / WiSA input, then all cabled inputs are disabled.

If a cabled source is not in the list of signals set for auto-detection as described in Auto-detection, then it will not automatically turn on the loudspeakers.

It is possible that the Detection Threshold, described in Detection Threshold, is set to too high a value to detect the signal.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,674 Posts
Bronze Member

The BL50’s are made for that kind of task.

See:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115003705074/bang-olufsen-beolab50-whitepaper-v3.pdf#page23

Just add a music streamer of your choice

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:18 PM
Or apple airport express via optical cable.
Oasis
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member
Oasis replied on Sat, Feb 23 2019 2:16 PM

Thank you for that. 

the BL 50s are wirelessly activated by the TV by WISA. 

if I connect an external source to one BL 50, what is the digital power link being referred to? Will that external source activate the other speaker wirelessly? 

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Feb 23 2019 4:11 PM
In wisa mode it would not start automatic on any other source.
Oasis
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member
Oasis replied on Sun, Feb 24 2019 3:12 AM

Oasis
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member
Oasis replied on Sun, Feb 24 2019 3:12 AM

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
404 Posts
Bronze Member

I will shortly be finding out with a new non-B&O streamer.

My gut feeling that if you are using a 3rd party product I.e not BS Core/Essence, you will need a Beolink IR eye and tune the BeoRemote settings to Product > BeoSound > xxxxx in IR mode to activate the BL50s with the streamer. The TV will stay inactivated.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Esax replied on Sun, Feb 24 2019 10:58 AM
Verified by Geoff Martin
Oasis:

From page 37 in the manual.

12.4 Loudspeakers don’t turn on automatically

If the BeoLab 50’s are set to recognise the Wireless Power Link / WiSA input, then all cabled inputs are disabled.

If a cabled source is not in the list of signals set for auto-detection as described in Auto-detection, then it will not automatically turn on the loudspeakers.

It is possible that the Detection Threshold, described in Detection Threshold, is set to too high a value to detect the signal.
Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
498 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

As Oasis points out from the manual: If Wireless Power Link is chosen as the input for BeoLab 50 or 90, the automatic detection of signals on the cabled inputs are disabled.

Cheers

-geoff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,674 Posts
Bronze Member

Oasis:

Thank you for that. 

the BL 50s are wirelessly activated by the TV by WISA. 

if I connect an external source to one BL 50, what is the digital power link being referred to? Will that external source activate the other speaker wirelessly? 

So, the only solution would to hardwire those speakers instead = at least use the DPL connecttion.

For more information lokk here:

https://youtu.be/zk3i6Cczxp8

Personally I would always hardwire this kind of speakers.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Mr 10percent, I would be interested in your experience once you get the streamer.  What options have you considered?

I have two rooms where i play music, In my living room i have an oppo 205 that is meant to have a great inbuilt ESS dac which feeds a stereo and 7.1 channel phono leads. There's also XLR but the 50s i have dont have XLR. I was planning on connecting the 50's to the Oppo 205 via phono so i can use the Oppo's DAC processing and just feed an analogue signal into the 50s. I'm not sure what the 50's DAC is like compated to the ESS ES9038PRO 32-bit HyperStream DACs? At the moment the speakers are connected to Loewe Bild 7.55 via WISA (via almando box)

In my dining room I have a pait or Beolab 18s  and was thinking of getting a streamer  either a Bluesound Node 2i or a Naim Unit Atom or maybe even an Auralic G1 to stream music to my B&O speakers. Have you considered any of these streamers?

Guess my main question is what is the quality of music playback of the core vs 3rd party system? I was advised to get a Beosound core by my dealer but that isnt supported on Roon which i recently got into and i also use Tidal which isnt supported on B&O products.

The priority for me is lossless sound high quality sound.

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
228 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:11 AM

Hi Epsilon,

I have an Auralic Aries streamer to my Beolab 5 (feeding the labs5 with digital cable directly). I can say that the sound quality from Auralic is outstanding everything else I have tried during many years.

IF you buy a Core you can use Deezer Hifi subscription which is lossless audioquality. It sounds pretty good from that subscription. I use Deezer Hifi with powerlinkcables from my Eclipse.  I would say that Tidal Hifi and Deezer Hifi subscriptions have the same audioquality. But If you compare a Core vs Auralic streamer, it is two different worlds. I think that the Auaralic G1-streamer is at least as good as the old one I have so my suggestion is to get the Auralic G1 streamer instead of a Core.

/Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,038 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Feb 25 2019 12:12 PM
Geoff Martin:

Hi,

As Oasis points out from the manual: If Wireless Power Link is chosen as the input for BeoLab 50 or 90, the automatic detection of signals on the cabled inputs are disabled.

Cheers

-geoff

I believe this is true for any WISA-enabled speaker from B&O.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL