Beosound 2 makes occasional repetitive beeping sound

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Hero71
Top 500 Contributor
67 Posts
Bronze Member
Hero71 posted on Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:32 PM

Our Beosound 2 makes an occasional repetitive beeping sound. This can occur while the device is on or off and has already woken us up during the night.

It’s a fast sequence beep-beepbeep-beepbeep-beepbeep-beep-beebeep-beepbeep-beepbeep... and that goes on for about 5 seconds. After that the tweeter LED remains brightly lit. Unplugging has not resolved the issue. We also don’t see any errors or messages in the app.

It has the latest firmware (1.19.28681.3002866) and otherwise appears to be working fine.

Any ideas?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
103 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Alen
My M5 used to do the same in our bedroom in the middle of the night (wife not happy).

Since I’ve disabled the Bluetooth setting “always open for pairing” and selected “manually reconnect” the problem is gone.

And - as you know - a happy wife is a happy lifeBig Smile

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,233 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:04 PM
My A9 Mk2 goes "boop boop" at times, day or night.

Not sure if this is the plasticky popping that people always mention.

My BS2 almost never does the same "boop boop"

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
103 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Alen
My M5 used to do the same in our bedroom in the middle of the night (wife not happy).

Since I’ve disabled the Bluetooth setting “always open for pairing” and selected “manually reconnect” the problem is gone.

And - as you know - a happy wife is a happy lifeBig Smile

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL