Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

beoboehm
Not Ranked
Berlin
25 Posts
Bronze Member
beoboehm posted on Fri, Feb 15 2019 9:38 PM

Hey Everybody!

This might be a strange question but it has been in the back of my mind recently.

I don't really like the look of my Beosound Century without any cassette tape in it. I think it looks empty and weird. I imagine the Overture looks even worse without anything in the tape deck.

Specifically wich type/brand/make of cassette do you think LOOKS best inside an open B&O tapedeck?

I never really used cassette tapes, so I would have to buy one used. As I am not planning to use it, its not really important if it is Type I,II or IV. It just needs to look nice, stylish and fitting to my beloved old (20th) Century.

I hope you have some ideas. Maybe you could even post some pictures as well.

Best wishes

Carlo

Thanks for the BeoVirus, Dad! Hmm

All Replies

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
737 Posts
Gold Member
beoboehm:

Hey Everybody!

This might be a strange question but it has been in the back of my mind recently.

I don't really like the look of my Beosound Century without any cassette tape in it. I think it looks empty and weird. I imagine the Overture looks even worse without anything in the tape deck.

Specifically wich type/brand/make of cassette do you think LOOKS best inside an open B&O tapedeck?

I never really used cassette tapes, so I would have to buy one used. As I am not planning to use it, its not really important if it is Type I,II or IV. It just needs to look nice, stylish and fitting to my beloved old (20th) Century.

I hope you have some ideas. Maybe you could even post some pictures as well.

Best wishes

Carlo

Thanks for the BeoVirus, Dad!

Just for looks? I’d go with the TEAC CRC. Not the best tape but gorgeous gold R2R style
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,881 Posts
Bronze Member
Get an original B&O cassette Big Smile
bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
361 Posts
Bronze Member

I purchased a lot of new and decorative cassettes from ' tapeline ' in the uk 

i use the eagle cassettes which look like a mini reel to reel, very effective 

check their site online 

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
462 Posts
Bronze Member

beoboehm:

Same here. Plus i feel like having a tape inserted add dust protection for the mechanism.

I regularly change between three cassettes:
- Scotch XS1, Classic vintage with gold band and red grid, looks like a video game.
- BASF Reference II Master, more modern with a X shaped window.
- That's VX, with triangle window, very 80's, perfect with the Ouverture, just wish the marking were not dark green, barely visible. 

Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Bronze Member

TDK MA-R

http://planetodatapes.blogspot.com/2014/09/tdk-ma-r.html

or this one Wink

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL