rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Fristeen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Fristeen posted on Thu, Feb 14 2019 2:02 PM

Hi all

I have a BV Avant 55 , just got i yesterday.  And i Would like to ask if anybody have tryed to connect Headphones to one of the powerlink sockets ?

I have an adaptor cable RJ45 to Mini-jack female

Best regards

Fristeen

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Fristeen
Fristeen:

Hi all

I have a BV Avant 55 , just got i yesterday. And i Would like to ask if anybody have tryed to connect Headphones to one of the powerlink sockets ?

Best regards

Fristeen

Hello!

Yes I have done that with sennheiser wireless headphones, connected to one of the power link ports. Just select speaker group headphones (in my examples and they will have a signal.

They can also have a signal always in any speaker group so you can listen in from another room for example, if you like that function.

I ordered cables from sounds heavenly and got a rj45 pl to din, and a din to line if I recall correctly. It works, anthough a bit cumbersome with the din adapter since it’s bulky in an already tight compartment.

I’m sure he’s made custom direct ones now, maybe :)
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks for buying the cable from me, yes I now have a one piece RJ45 to 3.5mm headphone cable, that can be used for either wired or wireless headphones (via a bluetooth transmitter):-

https://soundsheavenly.com/televisions/32-389-headphone-adapter-for-beoplay-v1-beovision-1112avant-rj45-powerlink-to-minijack.html#/9-length-18m

Kind regards, Steve.

PS. Whilst there isn't a specific "headphone" setting on the TV, you may find the following notes useful, although these were written for the Beovision 11 they should be broadly similar for setting up the Avant:-

In the Sound Menus:

- Speaker Connections to "OTHER" for both Power Link channels. (As you said, selecting LINE will disable the volume in addition to setting the output maximum to 2.0 V RMS.)

- Create a Speaker Group with the following:

- Speaker Roles should be set to either (1) Front Left and Front Right if you are using True Image in the Spatial Processing of the Sound Mode OR (2) Mix Left and Mix Right if you are using 1:1 in the Spatial Processing of the Sound Mode. (Personally, I would go with #1, since this will behave best). Set all other Speaker Roles (for your loudspeakers) to NONE - otherwise the system may try to Bass Manage from your headphones to the loudspeakers, which might be weird for you, and annoying for anyone else in the house.

- Set your Speaker Levels to -10 dB. This is to prevent overloading the input of your headphone amp (or BT Tx device). A typical line input can handle up to 2.0 V rms maximum. The Power Link output can drive up to 6.5 V rms. So, in order to reduce your output to a 2.0 V maximum (at Volume Step 90 with a signal at 0 dB FS), you'll need to drop the output by 10 dB. If you don't do this, then you may start clipping your headphone amp if you go above volume step 80.

- If you are using an analogue headphone amplifier, set your Speaker Distance to a minimum value (I actually don't know from memory if this is 1 m or 0 m - sorry...). If you are using a Bluetooth transmitter, you might want to play with this value. Increasing it will make the TV think that it has to send the sound out earlier to compensate for a more distant loudspeaker. If your Bluetooth Tx/Rx system has a latency problem, you can use the Speaker Distance to tweak the pre-delay of the audio output to compensate.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hello Fristeen,

You may need to configure the speaker settings manually in the TV menu.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Fristeen
Fristeen:

Hi all

I have a BV Avant 55 , just got i yesterday. And i Would like to ask if anybody have tryed to connect Headphones to one of the powerlink sockets ?

Best regards

Fristeen

Hello!

Yes I have done that with sennheiser wireless headphones, connected to one of the power link ports. Just select speaker group headphones (in my examples and they will have a signal.

They can also have a signal always in any speaker group so you can listen in from another room for example, if you like that function.

I ordered cables from sounds heavenly and got a rj45 pl to din, and a din to line if I recall correctly. It works, anthough a bit cumbersome with the din adapter since it’s bulky in an already tight compartment.

I’m sure he’s made custom direct ones now, maybe :)
Fristeen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Michael.

Thanks for your advice. I will it try tomorrow  it is strange but I do not see "Headphones" as an option in my menu? Or I have to make one manually?

Br

Fristeen 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks for buying the cable from me, yes I now have a one piece RJ45 to 3.5mm headphone cable, that can be used for either wired or wireless headphones (via a bluetooth transmitter):-

https://soundsheavenly.com/televisions/32-389-headphone-adapter-for-beoplay-v1-beovision-1112avant-rj45-powerlink-to-minijack.html#/9-length-18m

Kind regards, Steve.

PS. Whilst there isn't a specific "headphone" setting on the TV, you may find the following notes useful, although these were written for the Beovision 11 they should be broadly similar for setting up the Avant:-

In the Sound Menus:

- Speaker Connections to "OTHER" for both Power Link channels. (As you said, selecting LINE will disable the volume in addition to setting the output maximum to 2.0 V RMS.)

- Create a Speaker Group with the following:

- Speaker Roles should be set to either (1) Front Left and Front Right if you are using True Image in the Spatial Processing of the Sound Mode OR (2) Mix Left and Mix Right if you are using 1:1 in the Spatial Processing of the Sound Mode. (Personally, I would go with #1, since this will behave best). Set all other Speaker Roles (for your loudspeakers) to NONE - otherwise the system may try to Bass Manage from your headphones to the loudspeakers, which might be weird for you, and annoying for anyone else in the house.

- Set your Speaker Levels to -10 dB. This is to prevent overloading the input of your headphone amp (or BT Tx device). A typical line input can handle up to 2.0 V rms maximum. The Power Link output can drive up to 6.5 V rms. So, in order to reduce your output to a 2.0 V maximum (at Volume Step 90 with a signal at 0 dB FS), you'll need to drop the output by 10 dB. If you don't do this, then you may start clipping your headphone amp if you go above volume step 80.

- If you are using an analogue headphone amplifier, set your Speaker Distance to a minimum value (I actually don't know from memory if this is 1 m or 0 m - sorry...). If you are using a Bluetooth transmitter, you might want to play with this value. Increasing it will make the TV think that it has to send the sound out earlier to compensate for a more distant loudspeaker. If your Bluetooth Tx/Rx system has a latency problem, you can use the Speaker Distance to tweak the pre-delay of the audio output to compensate.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Fristeen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Steve

Thank you for the information :-) When i go to my menu  it says no speakers connected ?  does it have to registrate the rj45 cable first ? . sorry to ask but i am a newbie in the beovison world :-)

Br

Fristeen

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hello Fristeen,

You may need to configure the speaker settings manually in the TV menu.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL