rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 18 Replies | 1 Follower

suneetjulka
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
suneetjulka posted on Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:53 PM

Hi all...

Does anyone own a Beosound 1 with Google Voice Assistant and if so how are you using the four preset touch buttons that were introduced as part of the latest software update?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to set one of the preset buttons to activate one of the sources from the BeoSound 1's local list?  If anyone knows how to do this please share the steps for setting it up.  What I'd like to be able to do is press the first button and for it to play the audio from my TV's (Avant) set-top box (Sky HD UK).  Currently, if I double tap the centre button to change source I can achieve this but I'd like to avoid having to double press the centre button.  

Thanks.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:03 PM
Verified by petrosbeli
suneetjulka:

What I wanted to know was whether or not it is possible to set one of the preset buttons to activate one of the sources in the BeoSound 1's local list (when you go into the Settings --> Your Content ---> Sources ---> In Local List)

It’s not possible.

The preset buttons can only store Google voice commands, if you would rather press a button than using your voice for commands you use often.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Mar 21 2019 6:47 PM
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the GA voice volume?

It’s too loud and it’s not adjusted by the default volume setting in the B&O app.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 9:02 AM

Received a 1.3 update of firmware.

Now the "shortcut buttons" are lit up and usable, even if the BS1 was setup using a phone set for Swedsh region. Before it had to be US region to work. 

A swedish voice is now guiding how to configure the shortcuts.

One of my buttons is now configured to "Play Paradise Radio in the house". That triggers Deezer to play that station, over Chromecast, on all my devices around the house.

Guess its available for other regions as well.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 12:36 PM

My dealer tells me that Beosound 1 and 2 (google assitant version)  respectively can be paired to form a stereo pair.

I only have one BS1 Mk2 so I cannot try this feature :)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 9:15 PM

Hiort:
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the GA voice volume?

It’s too loud and it’s not adjusted by the default volume setting in the B&O app.

My problems with GA voice being too loud and that volume control of the Chromecast plays was not working properly has been solved by the latest fw update: 1.3.30166

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL