rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

TheMajor
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
TheMajor posted on Sun, Feb 10 2019 6:03 PM

Hey guys,

My current set up is a BV10-32 linkined to a BS7000 in my living room. They are linked together via masterlink with the required converter I have forgotten the name of. 

I just picked up a Beolab 2000 for the kitchen and I want to wireless connect them. I have a pair of Beolink wireless 1 I used in my old set up. I want to use them here and I just want to check my thinking is correct before buying the cables. 

I will need to add one of the Beolink wireless as a transmitter in the living room and the kitchen will be the reciever. In the living room I will need to get a Beolink junction box to connect the BV10, BS7000 and Beolink wireless. Is this correct? How hard is this to do?

Once this is done, I’ll be able to listen to the TV and CDs in the kitchen, right?

All Replies

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
522 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Mon, Feb 11 2019 11:44 AM

Hi,

yes to all Smile

You can use a junction box or a masterlink multi-plug box. The latter is easier to handle because you just plug the masterlink plugs into one of the six connectors. So no hassle with cutting existing master link cables and put them into the filthy junction box connectors.

Ralph-Marcus

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,531 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2019 12:07 PM

Here's a masterlink distribution box (not my listing!): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bang-Olufsen-B-O-Masterlink-ML-Distributor-Perfect-Condition/303046329254?hash=item468ef803a6:g:7L4AAOSwohFcUvse

If you are patient you may be able to get one a bit cheaper.  I paid £30 for mine on eBay several years back.

TheMajor
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks everybody. I have a masterlink cable short but one is 10 metre so I’m thinking about cutting it and splicing all the connections into one of these, what do you think?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264065108887

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
522 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Fri, Feb 15 2019 8:52 AM

Hi,

yes, this will work fine  if the job is done proper and the junction box is not moved after connecting the splice cables.

Ralph-Marcus

TheMajor
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
TheMajor replied on Sat, Feb 16 2019 10:09 AM

Thanks, Ralph. Are they a little temperamental? 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,531 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Feb 16 2019 10:43 AM

I tried to use one of those junction boxes a while back and found it much too fiddly to connect.  I needed to join a couple of ML cables to test something for a fellow forum member, and ended up cobbling the leads together with some crimp terminals - normally used in 12V car electrics.  Worked very well!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL