Beosound 3200 clone HDD

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
156 Posts
Bronze Member
Beosince98 posted on Sun, Feb 10 2019 4:56 PM

Has anyone successfully cloned the HDD of a Beosound 3200? All hard drives don't last forever and I believe this route is less expensive than buying the original part from Bang&Olufsen. I know it has been done with the Beosound 5, so I imagine it is also possible with the Beosound 3200? Thank you for your help.

All Replies

Kiran
Top 75 Contributor
UK
1,011 Posts
Bronze Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Feb 12 2019 8:55 AM
Beosince98:

Has anyone successfully cloned the HDD of a Beosound 3200? All hard drives don't last forever and I believe this route is less expensive than buying the original part from Bang&Olufsen. I know it has been done with the Beosound 5, so I imagine it is also possible with the Beosound 3200? Thank you for your help.

I swapped the BeoMaster 5 HDD to SSD using a hard drive ghost cloner...

I’m sure the same theory would work with the 3200 HDD...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,520 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2019 11:06 AM

The BS3200 has an old IDE connection. So finding a suitable HDD will be difficult, I think.

The BM5 has a more recent SATA connection. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,520 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Feb 13 2019 11:08 AM

I'm familiar with these converters. I have several laying around.

Be my quest to experiment.

Bare in mind:

Both harddrive (40GB) and codecboard are placed in a closed tin box. No room for such converter.

Both codec and harddrive are provided with B&O own software.

You will not be able to read the content from the drive (as you can with the BM/BS5) simply under windows or Linux.

When a drive is replaced, a complete HDD with codecboard comes from B&O preprogrammed with serial number .

The BS3200 doesn't get acces to the drive when the serial numbers don't matches.

Question remains, where is the serial number stored. In the codec, harddrive or harddrive bios. Hence the next question, will a cloned (IDE) drive work.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL