Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

ScottMacK
Not Ranked
Australia
26 Posts
Gold Member
ScottMacK posted on Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:15 AM

Hi there.

I haven’t found a quick answer in the forum, but I’m sorry if this is old ground! I’m using a Moment with the beta software 2.2.22636.26265250. The Soundheart is wired as is my iTunes computer.

I have two problems.

FIRST PROBLEM

I have been using a DLNA Server called FireStream which is a Mac app downloadable from the App Store that can run in the background. I was pretty happy but would occasionally experience brief hiccups in the music. I saw that another user last year mentioned such a thing while the moment was updating/harvesting but that user mentioned that the problem had been fixed by a SW update.

I’m now trying the current version of Twonky to see if it exhibits the same problem. Unfortunately, while it has harvested and displays my collection by artist, none of my iTunes playlists are showing. I have some smart playlists as well as some “dumb” ones.

The dumb playlists do come through in the B&O app on the phone. (Not the smart playlists, though.) Just not on the Moment.

Is this a known issue? Is it solved by selecting a particular device profile in the Twonky settings? I’ve selected "Bang & Olufsen” but will try anything else with your advice. Or, any other setting.

SECOND PROBLEM

Last week my Deezer account stopped working on the Moment. I couldn’t search for music. Changes I had made in the Deezer app on the iMac hadn’t synchronised to the Moment (deleted some playlists, added some).

I told the Moment to “forget” my account and then reentered my credentials. Now I can search again, but none of my Deezer playlists or artists are showing in the collection.

My account is working on the app on the phone.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give.

Cheers

Scott

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,018 Posts
Gold Member
ScottMacK:

I’m now trying the current version of Twonky to see if it exhibits the same problem. Unfortunately, while it has harvested and displays my collection by artist, none of my iTunes playlists are showing. I have some smart playlists as well as some “dumb” ones.

In order for Twonky to expose iTunes playlists, you have to edit the Twonky.ini file to activate the feature and indicate the path to the iTunes folder.

Smart playlist are not managed by Twonky according to my experience.

Once activated, and once a new harvest occurs, the iTunes standard playlists should be available. Note that the playlist harvest is the last in the full harvesting process.

I recommend you set your Moment in Expert mode to avoid continuous harvesting and the risk of not seeing iTunes playlists at all despite the Twonky.ini change. You can then trigger a manual library scan when significant changes occur to your library. Same for Twonky, it is recommended to disable automatic library scans (Rescan Interval = 0).

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

ScottMacK
Not Ranked
Australia
26 Posts
Gold Member

Hi mbolo01 and thanks for your answer.

After waiting more time my playlists did appear. As you said there was a series of harvests and I didn’t know that was how the process worked.

I did not have to modify the .ini file so perhaps that is a change in the newest version of Twonky.

Again, as you said, the smart playlists do not appear.

The occasional hiccup also happened with Twonky, so I will now pay attention and see if it is related to some of my files.

I am going back to FireStream for my DLNA Server as it gives me my smart playlists.

Thanks again

Scott

PS Deezer started working again, so…who knows what went wrong there?!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL