BS9000 MKIV

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 1 Follower

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member
PaulGiles posted on Fri, Feb 8 2019 7:10 AM
As the BS9000 is/was so well liked, would anyone buy a relaunched/updated version if B&O were to do it?

All Replies

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member
I guess not then!
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member

I just lost any faifh on new serious B&O products coming.

Could get a Beosound 2 when my Beosound 9000 MK3 breaks or a Beosound 35 if it's still around.

A BS9000 MK4 don't think so even if it could be tempting with Beolab 18.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,672 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Feb 11 2019 10:27 PM
I might.
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
822 Posts
Gold Member

I would if mine dies

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
498 Posts
Silver Member
marexy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:07 AM

Yes ...i would i a seckond if it has all modern apps and B&O inovative looks and without SW problems.

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
69 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Wed, Feb 13 2019 10:35 AM

If you agree or not BS9000 is a masterpiece of mechatronics. Now you can do it by inserting separate laser under each disk and move clamper arm just to simulate "old" version.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,495 Posts
Bronze Member

I would love to see a project (similar to that of upgrading the old speakers) where the classic B&O CD players get upgraded with blu-ray players to make them a bit more useful. Of course, they would also need HDMI and ethernet connections for the HDCP updates. For example, my BeoCenter 2 is now useless as a DVD player since my Oppo provides far better upscaled video. A BeoSound 2300, BeoCenter 2, and BeoSound 9000 as blu-ray players would be gorgeous.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,495 Posts
Bronze Member

It would be great to throw in SACD as well.

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member
Yes, with B&O marketing “like no one else” the motorised TV’s and BS9000 were so unique to B&O so it was a surprise that the horizon got launched without the motorised option.

The BS9000 and other music systems all had that B&O magic, motorised doors and real talking pieces. I am sure with all their tooling they can once again produce a unique product that you simply must have.
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
822 Posts
Gold Member
I think they sold most of their tooling/molds for it. Don’t remember where i heard it, but either way there is no real reason to hold on to it for this long and not use it(especially b&o being b&o Stick out tongue)

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,495 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:
I think they sold most of their tooling/molds for it. Don’t remember where i heard it, but either way there is no real reason to hold on to it for this long and not use it(especially b&o being b&o Stick out tongue)

Someone at B&O should have held those molds in their hands to see if they sparked joy.

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
69 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Sat, Feb 16 2019 8:13 PM

Launching a new model costs a lot of money and you have to sell a lot of products to get the money back …and earn something. Personally I doubt that it would be possible to sell a lot of mk IV.

But there is much cheaper option as there are a lot of BS9000 in people’s homes.

I would be extremely happy if B&O or someone on appointment of B&O would produce modified PCB 1 (radio) equipped with DAB+ reception.

Then new laser pickup (just pickup) with modified PCB 41 could be produced enabling playing music from DVD/SACD and/or Blue Ray.

Maybe it could be done through crowfunding ?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL