Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Worth to upgrade from Essence MKII to Core?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 0 Followers

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Silver Member
stampfki posted on Tue, Feb 5 2019 8:42 AM

Couldn't find any difference but the interfaces (SPDIF). Sound-wise any improvement?

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 200 Contributor
404 Posts
Bronze Member
I have both but cannot see any differences from a day to day use
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,547 Posts
Bronze Member
I have both also.....also see no difference in functionality. Do not know if any difference in sound quality as the Essence is connected to 4000s and the Core is connected by optical to 20s.
chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
stampfki:

Couldn't find any difference but the interfaces (SPDIF). Sound-wise any improvement?

Had them both. i found the essence MKII annoying it kept popping in the middle of the night. Swapped it for a core, same speakers no difference in sound though
stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Silver Member

This issue luckily I don’t have. So I save the money for the core.

BTW: If you pair the Essence wheel remote with the Core, is there the same horrible lag if you use it first time? 

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
870 Posts
Gold Member
stampfki:

BTW: If you pair the Essence wheel remote with the Core, is there the same horrible lag if you use it first time?

Yes, it happens frequently

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Silver Member

Sooo annoying - appears so cheap. When visitors using it and are confused why it’s not immediately changing volume I always get a “nice” comment abou my pricey hifi equipment :))

I guess it is because of the power saving mode of the Bluetooth connection. If you don’t use the remote a while, obviously the Bluetooth connection first needs to get re-established which takes time. 

vlohjr1
Top 200 Contributor
404 Posts
Bronze Member
chucky:

Had them both. i found the essence MKII annoying it kept popping in the middle of the night. Swapped it for a core, same speakers no difference in sound though Moving on to an integrated smart home killed the doorbell.

Yes I had that last week happens very rarely though but what I have found is that by checking the BeoTool the essences need to be software updated after this is performed the popping sound disappearedSurprise
chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
stampfki:

Sooo annoying - appears so cheap. When visitors using it and are confused why it’s not immediately changing volume I always get a “nice” comment abou my pricey hifi equipment :))

I guess it is because of the power saving mode of the Bluetooth connection. If you don’t use the remote a while, obviously the Bluetooth connection first needs to get re-established which takes time.

It seems you are all lucky, I have 2 remotes, one on the countertop kitchen and one on the kitchen table. Every 2 weeks they just loose connection. ..
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,143 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:38 AM
chucky:

It seems you are all lucky, I have 2 remotes, one on the countertop kitchen and one on the kitchen table. Every 2 weeks they just loose connection. .. Moving on to an integrated smart home killed the doorbell.

I installed a core and essence remote a couple of months ago. Initially I had quite frequent lags where using the remote took up to ten seconds to work. Having moved the core a little closer and so that it is less “hidden” by furniture I have eliminated such delays.

I have never had a completely lost connection.

So it would appear that position/location and proximity is important. Although clearly moving the core or the remote may not be an option for some.
chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
Duels:

I installed a core and essence remote a couple of months ago. Initially I had quite frequent lags where using the remote took up to ten seconds to work. Having moved the core a little closer and so that it is less “hidden” by furniture I have eliminated such delays.

I have never had a completely lost connection.

So it would appear that position/location and proximity is important. Although clearly moving the core or the remote may not be an option for some.

Did you put up the remote on top? Just kidding it is 3 meters away but out of the fusebox is actually a good idea!

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
585 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Feb 8 2019 4:27 PM

vlohjr1:
Yes I had that last week happens very rarely though but what I have found is that by checking the BeoTool the essences need to be software updated after this is performed the popping sound disappearedSurprise

The pop was caused by an automatic reset by the Essence.  In another thread, we determined this was a "fix" for the remote losing connection.  I think they've now found another way to fix it since the more recent software doesn't do this.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL