rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 82 Replies | 2 Followers

Bv7Mk3
Top 100 Contributor
uk
774 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 posted on Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:57 PM

Not been on here for a while and wondering anything like a new hifi or upgrade to Eclipse or

Another tv ia on the way?.Im losing the will to B&O.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:38 AM
Verified by beolion
I heard that there will be a replacement to Horizon once the current stock are sold out. No OLED since the sizes will be 40” and upwards.

All Replies

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,545 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

There are two seasons (SS/AW) a year, so that's a minimum of 6 colors the team needs to research, prototype and get approved. As their budget and manpower have both increased recently, they are now travelling across the globe for inspiration. It's a tough role and I've heard, rather demanding and stressful.

You need 3 years of experience to be even considered for a role in this new team, such is the internal demand to get colors and material spot on first time: https://www.yankodesign.com/2018/12/24/yd-job-alert-bang-olufsen-is-looking-for-a-cmf-designer/

I'm sorry but no, in the Top 1000 tough, demanding and stressful jobs, picking colours and fabric is very, very close to the bottom!

Ban boring signatures!

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes everyone could pick the new colour of the season. Easiest job in the world to figure out what people will buy. (If it is not clear I am holding up my sarcasmen sign!)

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

Yes everyone could pick the new colour of the season. Easiest job in the world to figure out what people will buy. (If it is not clear I am holding up my sarcasmen sign!)

After extensive  research I've picked the 3 in the middle 

Ban boring signatures!

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Any way...

Looking bright for the B&O year, if we see the comments.

A 77" Eclipse,

Maybe a 88" model

Maybe a whole new TV with moving speakers

A Updated Horizon with Web OS but still LED

A Besound Core update

A soundbar 3.0

A whole new tablet with multiroom control.

Not sure if all or any is coming.  But very interesting future.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:03 PM

Chris Townsend:
If they were classic elegant desireable designs like the Beosound 9000 or Beolab 8000/5, they wouldn't have to spend so much time dressing up all this stuff.

Agree completely, chasing trends rather than creating stunning designs.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:27 PM
Puncher:

I'm sorry but no, in the Top 1000 tough, demanding and stressful jobs, picking colours and fabric is very, very close to the bottom!

Ban boring signatures!

Yeah..... style and fashion. Easy. Anybody could do it.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,739 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:50 PM

Puncher:

Sorry Puncher, I think you misunderstood what I meant here. I was saying that recent changes internally at B&O has resulted in a lot of pressure for the new Color Team to meet targets as it's become such an important role within the company. It's pushing new boundaries and hasn't gone unrecognised. It's been noticed that purchasers are always discussing the color options (it's a key topic on this forum, for instance) and how these colors influence decision-making.

Therefore the demand and stress come from meeting and exceeding customer requirements for new color choices and the team is struggling to be inspired around Struer and are seeking other locations for forthcoming seasons.

For AW19 I'm told that the team has a week booked in Havana. 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:10 PM

Duels:
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

Chasing style and fashion usually means you are going to be completely reactive trying to chase trends. The business world has a long term miserable reputation for actually being able to drive style and trends, the public usually seizes on something out of the blue and all the companies try to catch up, with success going to those who can respond the fastest.

Jeff

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

Whilst I mock and over exaggerate to make my point I will ask how many new, new sales does this generate? For example how many Dusty Pink H9i's will be sold where, without the pink option, there would not have been an H9i sale at all?

This together with the point made by others, i.e. design a killer product and it's colour is irrelevant.

As I said earlier I believe the money would be better off spent elsewhere, if they want fashionable colours then ask Pantone what next seasons colours will be and pick a few - how wrong can they be and they're gone within 6 months - it's hardly a company disaster if a single colour fails to sell!!

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,545 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Puncher:

Sorry Puncher, I think you misunderstood what I meant here. I was saying that recent changes internally at B&O has resulted in a lot of pressure for the new Color Team to meet targets as it's become such an important role within the company. It's pushing new boundaries and hasn't gone unrecognised. It's been noticed that purchasers are always discussing the color options (it's a key topic on this forum, for instance) and how these colors influence decision-making.

Therefore the demand and stress come from meeting and exceeding customer requirements for new color choices and the team is struggling to be inspired around Struer and are seeking other locations for forthcoming seasons.

For AW19 I'm told that the team has a week booked in Havana. 

They'd probably sell more product if they had the Havana trip as a raffle prize with a free entry with every sale and left the lads with the crayons at home!

Ban boring signatures!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,739 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:52 PM

Puncher:

They'd probably sell more product if they had the Havana trip as a raffle prize with a free entry with every sale and left the lads with the crayons at home!

Sadly the lie-flat seats have been booked and in-flight meals pre-chosen, so sadly it can't be cancelled. Remember, a new season is decided many months in advance as colors need to be signed off and sent to manufacturing for sampling before final production. SS20 will be in discussion, internally. Think early mood boards at this stage.

I did suggest that they could look at photos of Havana via Google, but understandably there's nothing better than touching, smelling and experiencing your environment to make your final color choices and submitting your inspiration to management.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:57 PM

moxxey:

Puncher:

Sadly the lie-flat seats have been booked and in-flight meals pre-chosen, so sadly it can't be cancelled. I did suggest that they could look at photos of Havana via Google, but understandably there's nothing better than touching, smelling and experiencing your environment to make your final color choices.

The fact they're traveling to a Communist dictatorship to choose colors for as shallow and capitalistic a market as designer luxury goods is ironic in the extreme.

Jeff

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 5:09 PM
Puncher:

Whilst I mock and over exaggerate to make my point I will ask how many new, new sales does this generate? For example how many Dusty Pink H9i's will be sold where, without the pink option, there would not have been an H9i sale at all?

This together with the point made by others, i.e. design a killer product and it's colour is irrelevant.

I’m not sure the sales information is available but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the regular colour updates had a significant impact on sales volume. Particularly bearing in mind the younger target market for play products generally.

From my own point of view, I personally bought an A1,A2,H8s and H5s on the release of a particular new colour that I really liked.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:
Puncher:

I’m not sure the sales information is available but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the regular colour updates had a significant impact on sales volume. Particularly bearing in mind the younger target market for play products generally.

From my own point of view, I personally bought an A1,A2,H8s and H5s on the release of a particular new colour that I really liked.

Great - the company seems safe in your hands.

Ban boring signatures!

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Duels:
Puncher:

Great - the company seems safe in your hands.

I wanted the H9i this December, as a very nice colour was available, sadly it was sold out and I did not buy them. All dealers had sold out of this colour, so it must have had some influence.

Page 3 of 6 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL