rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 82 Replies | 2 Followers

Bv7Mk3
Top 100 Contributor
uk
774 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 posted on Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:57 PM

Not been on here for a while and wondering anything like a new hifi or upgrade to Eclipse or

Another tv ia on the way?.Im losing the will to B&O.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,203 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:38 AM
Verified by beolion
I heard that there will be a replacement to Horizon once the current stock are sold out. No OLED since the sizes will be 40” and upwards.

All Replies

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
73 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:04 PM
Thanks Steve,

Really looking forward to it! In case there are good news, please do take some nice pictures ;-)
kai
Not Ranked
270 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:37 PM

Will they launch a new TV's this year. I have been told that they will no longer produce TV's after 2020

andybandy
Not Ranked
64 Posts
Bronze Member

Where have you seen this mysterious prototype? very interesting if a real stereo system coming out. 

i hope B&O can come out whit something other then BeoSound core as they only stereo system for beolab speakers. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,745 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:50 PM

Jeff:

Puncher:

moxxey:
Dusty Pink and Sailor Blue.

Erm..

Hello sailor! Surprise

I was told that the newly-formed B&O "Colors Team" had been instructed to think outside the box, focus on a theme away from native Denmark (think drab olives, greys and heather) and spent on a long weekend in South Beach for inspiration for the new season.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,355 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jan 28 2019 11:58 PM

moxxey:

Jeff:

Puncher:

moxxey:

Erm..

Hello sailor! Surprise

I was told that the newly-formed B&O "Colors Team" had been instructed to think outside the box, focus on a theme away from native Denmark (think drab olives, greys and heather) and spent on a long weekend in South Beach for inspiration for the new season.

So, say hello to the rebirth of Miami Vice color profiles and beard stubble?

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,548 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Jeff:

Puncher:

moxxey:

Erm..

Hello sailor! Surprise

....and came up with the name of a Drag double act!

I can't help thinking that if times are hard and development money is tight then I'd much rather see whatever funds are available go into Engineering, Acoustics, ID or even (heaven forbid) software development - rather than waste it on a "Colors Team"...………….really???  Wtf do they do for the rest of the year? I'm sure the ID team could have picked "non-standard" colours if asked, they could've even asked me and I'd have picked some or else go HERE. (Sailor Blue came up first and Dusty Pink was my third press).

Ban boring signatures!

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
90 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 8:45 AM
I think they are. A small bird told me a upgraded core is coming.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
228 Posts
Bronze Member
kai:

Will they launch a new TV's this year. I have been told that they will no longer produce TV's after 2020

Ignore the coming out of the tv business. It’s a quarter of their revenue and now much more profitable. Yes to new TVs - larger screens.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,745 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 10:49 AM

mawheele:
kai:

Ignore the coming out of the tv business. It’s a quarter of their revenue and now much more profitable. Yes to new TVs - larger screens.

Also, isn't this 'no longer producing TVs' a misnomer for the LG partnership? B&O isn't producing new TVs, LG is. I'm guessing the Horizon is the last 'B&O TV' and once this has sold through, no more B&O-produced TVs.

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
73 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:09 AM
moxxey:

Also, isn't this 'no longer producing TVs' a misnomer for the LG partnership? B&O isn't producing new TVs, LG is. I'm guessing the Horizon is the last 'B&O TV' and once this has sold through, no more B&O-produced TVs.

I don’t mind them doing a partnership with other companies as they always have Philips Samsung... they don’t have to invent the wheel, they should try to integrate it and try to make the best out of it. Yes, the eclipse is quite lg ish, but on the other hand they’ve integrated it with the b&o stuff, put a great speaker into it and so on. Basically that’s what most companies do. They take parts of other brands integrate it and build something different nice. Just because the menu changes and the curtains are gone, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a b&o tv any longer.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,745 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:09 PM

Puncher:

- rather than waste it on a "Colors Team"...………….really???  Wtf do they do for the rest of the year? 

There are two seasons (SS/AW) a year, so that's a minimum of 6 colors the team needs to research, prototype and get approved. As their budget and manpower have both increased recently, they are now travelling across the globe for inspiration. It's a tough role and I've heard, rather demanding and stressful.

You need 3 years of experience to be even considered for a role in this new team, such is the internal demand to get colors and material spot on first time: https://www.yankodesign.com/2018/12/24/yd-job-alert-bang-olufsen-is-looking-for-a-cmf-designer/

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,253 Posts
Bronze Member
If they were classic elegant desireable designs like the Beosound 9000 or Beolab 8000/5, they wouldn't have to spend so much time dressing up all this stuff.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
649 Posts
Gold Member
Somehow the colours thing always feel to me like a half way jokeStick out tongue

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
432 Posts
Silver Member
marexy replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:52 PM

Chris Townsend:
If they were classic elegant desireable designs like the Beosound 9000 or Beolab 8000/5, they wouldn't have to spend so much time dressing up all this stuff.

agree!! +1

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,417 Posts
Silver Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:59 PM

moxxey:

Puncher:

- rather than waste it on a "Colors Team"...………….really???  Wtf do they do for the rest of the year? 

There are two seasons (SS/AW) a year, so that's a minimum of 6 colors the team needs to research, prototype and get approved. As their budget and manpower have both increased recently, they are now travelling across the globe for inspiration. It's a tough role and I've heard, rather demanding and stressful.

You need 3 years of experience to be even considered for a role in this new team, such is the internal demand to get colors and material spot on first time: https://www.yankodesign.com/2018/12/24/yd-job-alert-bang-olufsen-is-looking-for-a-cmf-designer/

I can't help but picture Patsy and Edina from "Absolutely Fabulous" on this team -- constantly drunk and jet setting around the world to find inspiration.

Page 2 of 6 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL