Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Light Scene BLGW

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 0 Followers

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member
gysse2004 posted on Fri, Jan 25 2019 2:21 PM

in my setup, I have BeoVision Eclipse and Philips Hue. I can change lightscene via apple HomeKit, but missing one feature. Specific scene for specific source, ie press Tv command on Beoremote one BT, combined with one scene, Music with another scene and so on..is this possible with a BLGW ?

regards Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

All Replies

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by beojeff

Unfortunately, you can't use the B&O commands such as TV or MUSIC as macro triggers. (I really think that they SHOULD be incorporated as possible triggers.)

You CAN however, create a macro using a LIGHT or CONTROL command that triggers the source and light scene. You could use one of the LIGHT or CONTROL entries in the list on the BeoRemote One for this or even use IFTTT to be able to trigger the macro with your voice and Alexa.

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Jeff, makes it a little more complex. I don’t own a BLGW yes, maybe I should hold off until the new BLI is available. Not sure it will be intergrateble with the Eclipse though. 

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Add on to that question. Will the BLGW replace my MLGW ? I now only use the MLGW to control my Beosound 5, via the Beolink App. That could be done by the BLGW also, right ?

peter

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member

The BLGW can do all the that MLGW does and more. The BLGW can provide easier control of the Philips Hue. Whereas, the MLGW requires very complex custom strings to control the Hue.

The features of the BLGW and BLI are very similar. However, note that if you have ML devices, the BLI will give you limited control, whereas the BLGW provides integrated control.

Regardless of your gateway device, you cannot use a B&O source as a trigger for a macro. You need to use a LIGHT or CONTROL command as a trigger.

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
830 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:
Unfortunately, you can't use the B&O commands such as TV or MUSIC as macro triggers. (I really think that they SHOULD be incorporated as possible triggers.)
Actually you CAN.

The start of my Eclipse triggers my Hue lights to turn on. 

nb: mayby better said I use the results of a B&O command to trigger Macros.

bigdeniz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is an interesting video from B&O that shows that you can trigger the Hue Lights when you start an B&O device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rj1CzMDFf4

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 10:52 AM

Carolpa:

beojeff:
Actually you CAN.

The start of my Eclipse triggers my Hue lights to turn on. 

nb: mayby better said I use the results of a B&O command to trigger Macros.

Is this done using a STATE_UPDATE event? Could you give an example of a macro that you use to do this?

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks to both of you.

Video is showing exactly what I am trying to achieve..getting the BLGW in a few days. Like Jeff said, would be helpful with a hint on how to achieve this, macro etc.

Regards Peter

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 12:08 PM

I think I see now. I used a STATE_UPDATE trigger with volume set as 51 to trigger a light scene. It worked! This is fascinating. I had always just used All Standby, Control, or Light as events. This opens up all new possibilities for macro programing. 

bigdeniz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
bigdeniz replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 12:31 PM

You mean if you increase the Volume to 51 than the BLGW triggers a light scene? That would be nice if you decide to hear louder music a new light scene will be triggered. 

Is this also woking with a ML Setup or only in a NL environment?

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 12:49 PM

bigdeniz:

You mean if you increase the Volume to 51 than the BLGW triggers a light scene? That would be nice if you decide to hear louder music a new light scene will be triggered. 

Is this also woking with a ML Setup or only in a NL environment?

Correct. The macro triggered the light scene when a particular volume level was reached. I was just trying this as an example. I also tried this using a particular source, such as Apple TV. 

This should work with ML products as well. Under "Tools" you can see all of the Resource States of all devices.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member

Correction: I just checked and while ML devices are listed under the "Resource States" list, the state is blank. Only NL devices have their resource states detailed.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,498 Posts
Bronze Member

I also see that "STATE_UPDATE" is listed as a macro event option only for NL devices and not for ML devices.

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Also this should solve the problem with BeoRemote one BT being in either IR or BT mode. In BT mode, it should be possible to control the Beosound 5 from the Eclipse via BeoLink gateway, next song, playlist and so on. 

Peter

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL