WiSA 5.1 recommendation for center channel

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 2 Followers

arun719
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
arun719 posted on Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:04 PM

Hi - I have a 4.1 setup today - with a Marantz 7013 pre-outs connected to a Beolab Transmitter 1 and the transmitter connected to 2 BeoLab 18s as the front L/R, 2 BeoLab 17s connected as the rear and a Beolab 19 as the sub. I'm looking to add a center channel and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on what would pair well with this setup? 

A few options I was considering: 
1 - connect a wired center channel to the AV receiver (Marantz 7013) - was thinking of either definitive technology CS9060 or a Martin Logan Moment 30. Any advice on which one to go for? or open to other suggestions as well. 
2 - buy another beolab 17 and connect that in as a center channel
3 - buy a beolab 7.2 and wire that in.

All Replies

pjk561
Top 500 Contributor
69 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:09 PM

You could also add a Receiver 1 and connect any powered B&O speaker to it. In my setup I use a Beolab 4000 as center and its connected to a Receiver 1..

Along with the Receiver 1 I had to purchase the RJ45 to Powerlink adapter

arun719
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

That works if you have a spare powered B&O speaker somewhere :) ... if I have to buy something anyway - I might as well explore all options - I don't need the center channel to necessarily be wireless as it'll be sitting pretty close to the AV receiver anyway. Wondering if anyone had compared a few different center channel options? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,590 Posts
Bronze Member

BL7-2

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ptrv
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
ptrv replied on Wed, Jan 23 2019 7:55 PM

Just out of interest, won’t there be any (slight) sound synchronisation problems when one mixes some surround channels through a wired connection and others through WiSA? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,590 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess that depends on the capacities of the used preamp.

In case of a BV/BSys4 there won’t.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
98 Posts
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:49 PM

You can use the speaker distance settings to address this situation...

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
320 Posts
Bronze Member

There is no problem with that solution. I had the setup with a Marantz with wired Beolab 20 and WiSa Beolab 17 as Surround.

I choose the wired for the Beolab 20, as it takes some seconds for the WiSa to start up with the Transmitter. With the preout directly to Beolab 20 the sound where there instant.

Personnel I would choose the Beolab 17 in your case.

Wire if you want sound instant when you start up, WiSa if you don't want the extra cable.

Works perfect both ways.

I would not choose the speakers without WiSa, they are dated and the connection options are rubbish to third party.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

jc
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Bronze Member
jc replied on Wed, Jan 23 2019 9:38 PM

I've got two BL20's as fronts and two BL4000's as rears. No sub, but who needs one when the BL20's do the thumping ;-). And no center channel yet, but I have a BL7.1 lying around to serve as one, once my STB bracket arrives. I'm actually not 100% if the center channel adds a lot with the acoustic lens equiped fronts (which you have as well, if I'm not mistaken). The AL seems to do a fantastic job in creating a phantom center channel.

But I'm going to give it a try anyway and will report back once I got the results in!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL