New TV 2019?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 29 Replies | 1 Follower

bonbonhm
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
bonbonhm posted on Mon, Jan 14 2019 3:53 PM

Does anyone know if new Beovision TV will be released this year? Thanks.

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
409 Posts
Bronze Member
bonbonhm:

Yes new oleds 77 and 77+ new form factor I think
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,265 Posts
Bronze Member
Good to see they’ve learnt the lessons of not chasing the millionaire market then!

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

BOBrb
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member
BOBrb replied on Mon, Jan 14 2019 5:18 PM

Whether they are still affordable?

And if they are thrown just as carelessly into the LG chassis as the 14-55 and the Eclipse, will hardly find any more customers.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,946 Posts
Bronze Member

vlohjr1:
bonbonhm:

Yes new oleds 77 and 77+ new form factor I think

Com’on - you are the first one to know that (yes, I did notice, that you wrote ‘I think’).

Before this one feather turns into 5 hens - please reveal your source!

P.S. Not saying that it could not happen - but.....

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
76 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:19 AM
I have heard the same rumor. From a person who works at a beo store. He mentioned a77 and an even big 85ish (can’t remember the actual size) OLED tv as a premium product. (Not sure about the implementation of lg vs B&O and for the customers who can’t afford the tv a sound bar / center close to the one in the eclipse.

I’m curious when it will come and if it fits the rumor. Maybe at ISE?
DesignFreak
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

One of the owners of a B&O shop in Munich told me the same about an upcoming 77 inch Eclipse during 2019.

Also B&O cannot use the C7 panel for the Eclipse forever, so I expect an Eclipse MK2 in the second half of 2019 with perhaps a C9 panel, except B&O decided to scrap the TV's completely in the meantime (what I don't think)

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,431 Posts
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 11:21 AM

I remember my local B&O dealer telling me that  TV was used to get a section of the customers and that they would then sell them speakers as an upgrade which brought more profit. Without the TVs they would be losing these customers.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,265 Posts
Bronze Member
Spot on.

I have an Eclipse, that I will thus pair with some Beolab 18s.

No Eclipse, no Beolab 18s.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,946 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, you should be able to pair the 18’s with a 2019 LG/OLED tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 1:44 PM

Using the magic of WISA....plus dongle.

Not for me, will work for some.

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
690 Posts
Gold Member
I would actually consider it, mostly because the b&o tax is not in line anymore with what you get imo. Though it’s less of an issue if the screen is separate. As of now, if stock runs out with the eclipse, it’s basically just dead and you even have to toss the sound part. So let’s hope b&o is clever and if they make a soundbar they as hdmi 2.1 so it stays future compattible until 10k res Smile

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 3:28 PM

Mikipidia:
I would actually consider it, mostly because the b&o tax is not in line anymore with what you get imo. Though it’s less of an issue if the screen is separate. As of now, if stock runs out with the eclipse, it’s basically just dead and you even have to toss the sound part. So let’s hope b&o is clever and if they make a soundbar they as hdmi 2.1 so it stays future compattible until 10k res Smile

Agreed, though some will say the B&O sound processing is the special sauce that justifies the "tax".

Might be something to that, but whether it matters that much to some I don't know.

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
690 Posts
Gold Member
Sure, to a degree. Though the dts:x and dolby standards arn’t bad either. Iam sure they could even do something like an almando box with the sound processing in it and call it the beosystem 5 lite/ beosound receiver or something like that. That way they only need to ad a center speaker to the portfolio(or put it all together in a soundbar obviously). Most of what the eclipse is, minus the attached speakers and screen. That’s a very small package anyway when you open up the back and look at it. It could be put in something the size of a slim dvd player really.

Since LG is open sourcing their tv platform a little bit more anyway i could also see a “magic beoremote one” happen.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 4:19 PM

Mikipidia:
Sure, to a degree. Though the dts:x and dolby standards arn’t bad either. Iam sure they could even do something like an almando box with the sound processing in it and call it the beosystem 5 lite/ beosound receiver or something like that. That way they only need to ad a center speaker to the portfolio(or put it all together in a soundbar obviously). Most of what the eclipse is, minus the attached speakers and screen. That’s a very small package anyway when you open up the back and look at it. It could be put in something the size of a slim dvd player really.

Since LG is open sourcing their tv platform a little bit more anyway i could also see a “magic beoremote one” happen.

Agreed, DTS-X and / or Dolby are plenty excellent for video watching. 

I guess the issue is for music listening with B&O speakers. For some reason, I don't trust traditional AV processors (the big box Onkyo's of the world) to do a decent job with B&O speakers. As such, an LG TV with some ability to process video multi channels - good enough for video watching, not so sure about music listening. 

For that reason alone I'd still look to a B&O heart to handle both, even if it means 5.1 and not Atmos. 

It's not as if 5.1 delivered through the BS4 engine is bad, quite the opposite, its superb.

I really don't want separate audio and video systems / architecture again.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL