Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

David
Not Ranked
UK
21 Posts
Silver Member
David posted on Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:39 PM

hi All,

i have a rather cumbersome (but working) setup today, which is a turntable connected to a preamp, connected to a sonos ZP80 (line in) connected to a Ouverture (aux in) connected to an Eclipse (analogue audio in socket)

i still use tapes and CDs on the Ouverture so don’t want to bypass this completely but all my speakers are connected to the eclipse so am using this with the remote as the control. Unfortunately the Eclipse only has one phono / optical input, otherwise i would connect sonos, ouverture and turntable direct into the TV and all problems solved!

like i say a bit clunky but it works.

however i have a core and was wondering if i can use the turntable connected direct to the line in on this and then “stream” direct to the Eclipse ?

i can’t figure out how to make the core appear as a source on the eclipse as i would have thought that would be the easiest way of doing it ?

any suggestions greatly appreciated as i cant see wood from the trees at mo.

david

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
551 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:08 PM

I have my turntable connected to the "line-in" of my BS2.  First, I play the turntable and set the BS2 to "line in", then I hit the "multi-room" icon on the BeoApp and  join my Eclipse to the BS2.  The Eclipse now plays the turntable and the sound between the BS2 and Eclipse is synchronized.  If I just want to listen to the turntable on just the Eclipse, I mute the BS2 (or turn the volume to 0).  I would expect the Core to behave similarly.

This works very well for me because I have my BS2 and turntable in my office, and there's really no room for a turntable in my lounge with the wall mounted Eclipse

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
412 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:16 PM

Hi

In the showroom we have a turntable connected via pre-amp to line in connection of BeoSound 2.

When we start a record playing the voltage sense automatically switches on BeoSound 2. Once this is playing we can use the Multi room app the get any other speaker on the same network to "join".

The same would apply if you connect a turntable to the BeoSound Core.

Regards

Opman

David
Not Ranked
UK
21 Posts
Silver Member
David replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:58 PM

Thanks both.

the bit i think i’m missing is getting the core and eclipse to connect though.

let me give it another try throught the app.....

David
Not Ranked
UK
21 Posts
Silver Member
David replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 5:09 PM

Sorted !

was me being stupid, trying to get the core to appear as a source in the eclipse memu, when all i needed to do was Join !

anyway this has simplified things exponentially so am happy now 😃

thanks once again

David
Not Ranked
UK
21 Posts
Silver Member
David replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 5:09 PM

Sorted !

was me being stupid, trying to get the core to appear as a source in the eclipse memu, when all i needed to do was Join !

anyway this has simplified things exponentially so am happy now 😃

thanks once again

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL