rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 77
Bronze Member
Austin Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2019 5:21 PM

BeoPlay A9 updated to MK3. Two additional full range drivers and 1500 watts of power! 1500! Lets have a Party !!!

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 538
Bronze Member

Currently listening the Mk2 in my bedroom and I love it. For sure Mk3 will sound even better. 😍

laseralex
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 11:41 AM

That's an astonishing amount of power for the size.

The playback specifications are interesting.  Compared to the 2nd Gen, the 3rd Gen loses playback from Spotify, through DLNA, and from iPod through USB.

2x Beosound Moment
4x Beosound Essence Mk II
3x Beolab 8000
1x Beolab 6000
1x Beolab 3
3x Beolab 2
3x BeoPlay M5
1x BeoPlay A6
8x Essence Remote

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,213
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 12:42 PM
It’s also interesting that it is a lot more power than the edge has at 800 watts.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,316
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 1:02 PM

laseralex:

The playback specifications are interesting.  Compared to the 2nd Gen, the 3rd Gen loses playback from Spotify, through DLNA, and from iPod through USB.

I assume its Spotify Connect that is removed. Playback from Spotify need to be done using Airplay 2 or Chromecast

Regarding DLNA I would be surprised if you could not access your DLNA content using the B&O App, adn play on the A9 3 gen.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Silver Member
beolion replied on Fri, Jan 18 2019 12:20 PM
I think it is a step down they removed Spotify Connect.

I wonder what the rationale is behind this decision.

Money?

In my mind, a speaker like this and in this price range should have the major music source available/integrated.

I am not familiar with AirPlay2 features or limitations compared to Spotify Connect when listening to Spotify.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,271
Bronze Member

beolion:
I think it is a step down they removed Spotify Connect.

I wonder what the rationale is behind this decision.

Money?

Been wanting an answer to that question for quite a while now.

It is not the first product to have Spotify Connect removed.

I don’t think it is about money - but why???

Is there something reasonable behind it - a change of hardware....that does not support Spotify Connect, maybe?

Bad decision, then 🙀

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1,880
Bronze Member
In my opinion, if a device has Chromecast, there is no need for Spotify Connect.

As long as the remote lets you skip songs.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,271
Bronze Member

There is no way to join in on a chromecasted session started somewhere in the NL from the BV’s - this is very well possible when the starting point is Spotify Connect.

I guess that this is not your user case, so Chromecast will do the trick for you, I am sure.

MM

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 489
Founder

Any new pictures around? 

Karel.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1,880
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

There is no way to join in on a chromecasted session started somewhere in the NL from the BV’s - this is very well possible when the starting point is Spotify Connect.

I guess that this is not your user case, so Chromecast will do the trick for you, I am sure.

MM

I did not know about that. Then my opinion doesn’t count Stick out tongue
MJ
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
MJ replied on Fri, Jan 18 2019 10:27 PM

I’ve found a clear picture of the 3rd generation on Instagram. Despite the 200 watts for the new drivers, they look very very small though.

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 701
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Jan 19 2019 3:27 PM
Millemissen:

MM

I have an A9mk2, so still have spotify connect. Can you elaborate what you mean by “join in”. Is this a BV-only feature? i tried to use the b&o app to have nl speakers join a stream started on my a9 via spotify connect, but this doesn’t seem to work?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,271
Bronze Member

Here is one example.

Played Spotify (connect) to my Essence and ‘joind in’ on my V1

(You can also do that with AirPlay - but there will be no metadata send.

You can not do that with ChromeCast)

Should work with other NL devices that supports Connect as well - I can not show that, because I don’t have any in my setup at home.....

....my 2 BV’s are my main listening points.

Anyone with a MK3 can you confirm it does or doesn't have that popping plastic sound that all the MK1/2's have?

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,822
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Jan 19 2019 8:04 PM

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

Anyone with a MK3 can you confirm it does or doesn't have that popping plastic sound that all the MK1/2's have?

My MK1 doesn't have this issue, at all, so it doesn't affect every model. Please don't imply it affects every A9 (note the "all the MK1/2's have..."). Just as you read a few people have the issue, doesn't necessarily mean it's a universal A9 issue.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,687
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sat, Jan 19 2019 10:15 PM

Same here, my MKII isn't affected by any clicking noise. If your device is faulty, why not sending it back instead of complaining ? A €2000 speaker shouldn't make any "plastic clicking noise". Even a €200 speaker shouldn't do that by the way...

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 701
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2019 8:32 AM
Millemissen:

Here is one example.

Played Spotify (connect) to my Essence and ‘joind in’ on my V1

(You can also do that with AirPlay - but there will be no metadata send.

You can not do that with ChromeCast)

Should work with other NL devices that supports Connect as well - I can not show that, because I don’t have any in my setup at home.....

....my 2 BV’s are my main listening points.

Got it. So, it doesn’t work in my case as my A9mk2 is the only b&o device with spotify connect. Others have NL and chromecast built-in, but no connect.

So, i’ll need to wait and hope that b&o eventually implement to support “join” for devices with built-in chromecast. While it has been announced, i knkw you’re skeptical whether this will ever happen. you’re typically well informed :( hope you’re wrong this time, a combo of CC and NL would be a killer feature.

mbee:

Same here, my MKII isn't affected by any clicking noise. If your device is faulty, why not sending it back instead of complaining ? A €2000 speaker shouldn't make any "plastic clicking noise". Even a €200 speaker shouldn't do that by the way...

Really send it back instead of complaining? Brilliant.

For the record of "All units not clicking"

Had a MK1. Clicked like mad. Exchanged. Got a new one. Also clicked for a YEAR.

Got a MK2.  Clicked like mad. Exchanged. Got a new one. Also clicked for a YEAR.

Got a second MK2:  Clicks like mad. 
Went to the B&O store, stood infront of their A9. Heard it pop within 30 seconds.
If you are keeping track that means 4 units. 2 generations. 3 years. ALL HAVE THE ISSUE.
This is either widespread of I am super unlucky.
Thread on the topic with others saying it is clearly a design flaw in the plastics.
Your unit does it too I promise you just didn't notice. Even the horrible B&O support had it for a month in repair. Returned it to me and as they were setting it up back in my house it popped again but they said they don't know why it does it and offers no solutions.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,822
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 22 2019 8:35 AM

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

mbee:

Really send it back instead of complaining? Brilliant.

For the record of "All units not clicking"

Had a MK1. Clicked like mad. Exchanged. Got a new one. Also clicked for a YEAR.

But you’re still implying every model has the issue. They don’t. Mine never ‘clicks’. I’m sure others here own non-clicking models, too. My guess some have ill-fitting plastic components which cause the noise OR the location of the device causes it - mine is nowhere near any heat source and doesn’t get warm.

artward22
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member

I have an MK3 - no popping whatsoever

tobeyone
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Founder
artward22:

I have an MK3 - no popping whatsoever

So what does it sound like vs Mk 2?
artward22
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member

I never got to listen to an MKII, so unfortunately I can't draw a comparison. What I love most about it is the clarity, and the very responsive and punchy bass. It's not super deep bass, to be honest, but since it's only working with an 8 inch woofer, it's fine

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,822
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Feb 10 2019 5:47 PM

artward22:

I never got to listen to an MKII, so unfortunately I can't draw a comparison. What I love most about it is the clarity, and the very responsive and punchy bass. It's not super deep bass, to be honest, but since it's only working with an 8 inch woofer, it's fine

Interesting - one thing I would describe my A9 as having is 'super bass'. It's both loud, clear and is bass-heavy. It's definitely the most bass-heavy 'BeoPlay' speaker.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,316
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Feb 15 2019 11:08 AM
Did a side by side comparison between the MK2 and MK3 at my dealer yesterday.

Clearly the MK3 has that extra punch and power over the MK2.

A very nice upgrade of an already good speaker.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
Posts 37
Bronze Member

I have 2x A9 MK2, both bought off of Amazon in the US and no popping. The bass is tight and punchy. As an experiment I connected both to my Sony TV one A9 getting the left channel and the other the right. The combo obliterated my current BL8000 + BL2 in every way. It is so good that I am thinking of using them as my main TV speakers. Not sure if anyone has tried this, but if you have a new Sony OLED TV you can use the TV’s acoustic panel as the center speaker and you’ll need a 3.5mm to RCA jack to split the signal to left and right (I had this adapter for the BL 8000) but then add another adapter to connect each left and right into the Aux In to the A9. Since the Sony has variable line output you can use the remote from the TV to control volume and leave the A9 at max volume. In my case I use an Apple TV remote to control volume of the TV.

Since both A9 have AirPlay 2 you can use both or each to airplay as needed. 

The A9 MK2 are my favorite B&O product ever!!!

2 x Beolab 8002 + 1 x Beolab 2 [Office]

2 x Beolab 6002 [Bedroom]

1 x Beoplay A9 Mk2 [Living Room]

1 x Beoplay P6 [Anywhere]

Page 1 of 1 (26 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL