Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Bang & Olufsen E8 MK2 earphones with matching charging case AND wireless charging

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 1 Follower

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,399 Posts
Gold Member
TWG posted on Sat, Jan 5 2019 7:16 AM

The E8 got updated and now the charging case supports wireless charging:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/04/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-e8-wireless-charging-case/

https://www.techradar.com/news/beoplay-e8-earbuds-to-get-wireless-charging-upgrade-this-valentines-day

EDIT: They'll be available around February 2019.

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member
Check out the price for the charging box Surprise

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
239 Posts
Gold Member
Jon replied on Sat, Jan 5 2019 11:57 AM
leosgonewild:

Check out the price for the charging box

For $200 for existing E8s, it better be bloody magic and somehow fix all the problems they have
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,830 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:

The E8 got updated and now the charging case supports wireless charging:

Just to be clear, they aren't out for another 5 weeks.

But, are the earbuds any different? I see someone asked B&O on social media (as they look exactly the same) and B&O didn't reply. It's not obvious whether this '2.0' update is merely the updated case.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
527 Posts
Bronze Member
From what I’ve read internally it’s only the case that has been updated with wireless charging, 16 hour playback and USB C oh and aluminium on the top plate of the opened case...
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member
The charging plate I don’t care about. But the usb-c would be nice. Can’t believe they didn’t have that when they came out, as A1 already had it.

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
347 Posts
Gold Member

How long until the mono branded stores are competing against 3rd party stores selling these for 30-50% less than their retail.

B&O need to fix this issue of heavy discounting

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
239 Posts
Gold Member
Jon replied on Mon, Jan 7 2019 10:40 AM
Rob.B:

How long until the mono branded stores are competing against 3rd party stores selling these for 30-50% less than their retail.

Already happens. John Lewis is almost always cheaper for BeoPlay than B&O direct or dealers.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,830 Posts
Bronze Member

Rob.B:

To be fair, the so-called BeoPlay store on eBay is probably the best/cheapest location for older stock and discounted items.

But, B&O cannot afford to stop discounting in that market. We're living in utopian dream world if B&O thinks it can keep RRP pricing on consumer items which are always discounted from other rival - and sadly more popular - brands. Beats are nearly always discounted somewhere.

Unless everyone plays within the same playing field, sadly you can't be seen or expect to only promote at RRP whilst your competitors are always discounting. You can only achieve this if you have a solid brand and demand is driven whatever the price - Apple is (was?) a good example.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,335 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 4:43 PM

I have ordered the E8 2.0 in color "natural" from my dealer.

Should receive them Feb 9 Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,335 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, May 5 2019 4:59 PM
New version coming.

E8 Motion

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/earphones/beoplay-e8-motion

Only difference seem to be the little fins on the earbuds and the white color.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
129 Posts
Bronze Member
Anyone having issues with the v2 and the app constantly losing them?

Work fine via deezer
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,335 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jun 7 2019 7:53 AM

PaulGiles:
Anyone having issues with the v2 and the app constantly losing them?

Work fine via deezer

Yeah, I have that problem. Not a big thing for me though, since I don´t use the app for the the earbuds.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL