Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Recommendations on shops to rebuild BeoGram 5500 turntables?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Couldbfishin
Not Ranked
Houston, TX USA
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Couldbfishin posted on Sat, Jan 5 2019 2:16 AM

I have two BeoGram 5500 turntables. One is working and I use it daily. However it has never been cleaned and serviced as far as I know. The other 5500 has some issues and also needs some service.

I am considering sending both to Pyramid Audio in Austin, TX. It is only a couple of hours drive from my home in Houston, TX. I  have used them to repair my Denon DP-45F and they did a good job on it.

There is a shop in Connecticut that has a good reputation for repairing Nakamichi gear, and I plan to send my RX-202 cassette deck to them soon. I see on their website they also repair B&O equipment, but I was hoping to get good work done for less.  I think it is $750 for a B&O turntable and $1500 for any other B&O equipment. The prices are on their website.

I see on the SoundSmith website they repair B&O gear.

I would like to hear recommendations on shops to use for good work at reasonable prices. I don't think we should say anything negative about these or any other service companies, but if you have one to recommend, I would appreciate hearing that.

Thanks

All Replies

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
820 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:18 PM
I have had success with Atlantic Systems here in Mass. Good quality service.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
2,571 Posts
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Tue, Jan 22 2019 1:08 AM
Amina Audio (Benny Amina) has repaired many of my B&O pieces. Benny is in suburban Atlanta.

There are several technicians on the Tapeheads web site that could repair your RX202. Personally, I would see if “Perry” were taking on new work now that his move is complete. I have purchased 2 decks from him (Yamaha K1020, Aiwa F800) and they are fantastic. It’s worth having a look around the Tapeheads site. You may find you just need to replace belts and/or an idler tire. I took a non working Nakamichi BX300 and brought it back to life with a $5 idler tire, a couple hours, and a some instruction from Tapeheads.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL