Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member
Wild Ruedi posted on Sun, Dec 16 2018 4:30 PM

Hello

Since this morning my BS Moment does not start: The screen stays black and the touchscreen and volume wheel have no function. I have made a reset with the pin on the jukebox - no difference, also a reset of the base has no effect. The LED on the base are steady green (switch) and also steady white for LAN.

Any proposals?

Thank you

Ruedi

BeoVision11, BeoVision10, BeoSound 5, BeoSound 3500, BeoLab 9, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 8000, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound Encore, Beosound Moment,NL/ML converter, delaybox, var.BeoPlay Speakers

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Wild Ruedi

Wild Ruedi:

Great! The M5 is capable of many ways to play.

I have bought it s/h hence no support from the B&O store. The dealers are in a way snobbish here: before I spend a fortune on equipment, advice is very tight-lipped. It's a pity, they hold off younger enthusiasts to use B&O. Well,that was off topic!

Many thanks for the help from members of Beoworld!

BeoVision11, BeoVision10, BeoSound 5, BeoSound 3500, BeoLab 9, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 8000, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound Encore, Beosound Moment,NL/ML converter, delaybox, var.BeoPlay Speakers

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member
Can you use the moment through the app, hence is the soundhart still working? Try to drain battery of the jukebox completely and see if this helps reboot it.

My jukebox was not working out of the blue, completely died. Soundhart was still working. The motherboard of the jukebox needed to be changed. Now my Moment is back again because after replacement of the board my sceen was not working as it used to be, very sensitive for pressure on the back and gave bleeding lcd.

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I can see the BSMoment on the app, but it does not start playing. Also on the BV11 I can see it , no function.

I will run down the power on the jukebox and try again. News to follow later.

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member

UPDATE

The Moment soundhart is playing through BV11 or Beoplay M5 when I use the App. I think, the trouble is in the jukebox. I wait 2 days and start charging it again.

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member

There is MUSIC - with the help from Fansastic!

After 24 hours of drain, put the jukbox back in place and it works again!! The only snag is, that I lost all my settings. Still trying to connect the BS M to the Beopla M5 trough the LAN cable setup. WLAN works.

Than you Fansastic and all who shared my problem.

Ruedi

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member
Good to hear and glad this worked for you. For me the Moment works best with wired connection. It sees al other devices through Network Link
Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi

Both, BSmoment and the BeoplayM5 are cable connected to the same LAN. The problem is, that I can not see the speaker on the BS when in service menue. This makes the M5 to be started,every time I turn on BSm, by hand.

I dont know if there is a automatic connection possible to the M5. Would be convinient!

Cheerio

Ruedi

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,321 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Dec 18 2018 7:32 AM

Wild Ruedi:

Both, BSmoment and the BeoplayM5 are cable connected to the same LAN. The problem is, that I can not see the speaker on the BS when in service menue. This makes the M5 to be started,every time I turn on BSm, by hand.

I dont know if there is a automatic connection possible to the M5. Would be convinient!

Hi Ruedi,

When you say "I can not see the speaker on the BS when in service menu", what do you mean?

You will not be able to control the M5 from the Moment. The only way is to control it from the app. If you start a source on M5, you can join that experience by selecting from the Moment screen under the "tab" link (that only appear when something is played from a NL device in the network).  You can also use the BROne and select "join" in the "LIST" menu.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Hiort

What I ment is: in the setup menue there is "connect speakers" either wireless or cable. At this point I can not see the M5.

But it is clear to me now, that the M5 is not a speaker in common sense. The M5 has no possibility for remote start, I understand. So I turn on BS Moment and then M5 and it works.

Thank you so much!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,321 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Dec 18 2018 9:16 AM

Wild Ruedi:

What I ment is: in the setup menue there is "connect speakers" either wireless or cable. At this point I can not see the M5.

The "connect speaker" option only for connecting speakers directly to Moment, either wired or wireless over VISA. As you have realized, M5 is not a speaker in that context.  

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member
You can also tap the M5 to join in a play from the Moment, so without use of the app
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,321 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Dec 18 2018 1:59 PM

Fansastic:
You can also tap the M5 to join in a play from the Moment, so without use of the app

Exactly, should have mentioned that. 

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member

I have bought it s/h hence no support from the B&O store. The dealers are in a way snobbish here: before I spend a fortune on equipment, advice is very tight-lipped. It's a pity, they hold off younger enthusiasts to use B&O. Well,that was off topic!

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
75 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Wild Ruedi

Wild Ruedi:

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL