Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 3 Followers

David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
304 Posts
Bronze Member
David Coyne posted on Sat, Dec 15 2018 4:22 AM

Hello

For over two years now I'm been plagued by software problems with my various bang and olufsen products, including the beosound 5, moment , beoplay 1. This necessitated various correspondence with Denmark. After multiple requests a teleconference with Denmark was set up and my moment worked for about 6 weeks without any issues. Short version, stopped working properly and I took the product back for a refund.

My latest issue is with my Avant 55 Mk 1 (which is still less than three years old and under warranty). My Avant is integrated with a CORE using the B&O app to access NAS, TuneIn and Deezer.

The issues now are:

1. Music will not play via Avant and connected speakers for more than an hour without switching off (we've checked timers and its nothing to do with that).

2. If the avant/ core is joined with other multi room products music starts to cut in and out and is not useable.

Technicians have visited a couple of times and suspected a software platform fault. They have spent hours and hours testing all equipment.

I've emailed Denmark about this several times, I've not received any response at all. Just silence.

The technicians participated in a teleconference with Singapore team to discuss. Singapore confirm it is a software platform issue that is incompatible with other products.They don't know if an update will be coming for the Avant Mk1 (even though my TV is only 2.5 years old and bought new from the show room).

A work around is to connect my beolabs directly to the core, though this will mean i can no longer have my speakers work with the TV.

Im tempted to try and return the TV and the electronic wall bracket and ask for a refund.  Interestingly just called the only Showroom left in the country who suggested that if I can watch tv then there's no issue and there are possibly no grounds to suggest  refund!

Any suggestions? I've run out of patience with the ongoing software issues. 

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

All Replies

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
w5bno123:

There is a service solution for audio systems available now, request it via your dealer. Expect the general release to rollout first few weeks of January.

I have just now updated my M5 to version 1.18.27862.189486813 available in the B&O app today.

Hopefully that will fix the problems I had with sound dropouts on my BV11/Core when playing Spotify and nl multiroom to my M5. I will test it the next few days.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Brian
Top 500 Contributor
London/Aarhus
167 Posts
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 7:47 AM

David,

Try hard wiring the core & Avant rather than wireless. I have been having major drop out issues with my BV11-55 when joining it to multiroom music. It would play ok for 30 min or so when joined to ONE other product before drop outs began - and if I attempted to join any more products it would drop out instantly.

Yesterday I plugged in the BV11 with an Ethernet cable and it does seem to have resolved the constant intermittent drop outs. Additionally I can now join further products to the network :-)

Furthermore, I have a Core, also hardwired, running a BL11 & BL8000s in my dining room and it never plays up or drops out.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,350 Posts
Bronze Member

I have found great success with hard wiring , but that may not be that easy for all people 

Top 500 Contributor
211 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 11:24 AM

Too bad that hard wiring won't be a fix for the M3

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,738 Posts
Bronze Member
I have been having the same issue with my V1, Core, Essence, and M5. After yesterday’s software update to the M5 everything seems to be working as it should, if I start with the M5. Joining the V1 to the already playing M5 has worked with no problems. Hopefully the same software fix will soon come for the Essence and Core.

Also, don’t know if this is related or not.....but for the last couple of days the indicator lights on the Core and the M5 have been red. After the update to the M5 the light is now the normal color. The Core is still red. The core is working fine even with the red light on, unless I join the V1 to it.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,335 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 2:43 PM

Razlaw:
After yesterday’s software update to the M5 everything seems to be working as it should, if I start with the M5. 

What is the latest version of the M5 software?

Do you know what the update included other than bugfixes?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,738 Posts
Bronze Member
I don’t know what all the update included. Will check the version number later.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,738 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:35 PM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw:

I have been having the same issue with my V1, Core, Essence, and M5. After yesterday’s software update to the M5 everything seems to be working as it should, if I start with the M5. Joining the V1 to the already playing M5 has worked with no problems. Hopefully the same software fix will soon come for the Essence and Core.

Also, don’t know if this is related or not.....but for the last couple of days the indicator lights on the Core and the M5 have been red. After the update to the M5 the light is now the normal color. The Core is still red. The core is working fine even with the red light on, unless I join the V1 to it.

When I start TuneIn on my updated M5 and later on join my BV11 everything seems to be ok.

However, if I start TuneIn on my Core (integrated with the BV11) and then join the M5, sound on the BV11 starts to drop out after a couple of minutes. The strange thing is, that the M5 continues without any drop outs.

So I’m also looking forward to get the update for the Core.

PS. Indicator lights are normal on both my M5 and Core.

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,738 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jan 10 2019 5:54 PM
I rebooted my wifi system and now all indicator lights are normal, so that issue appears to have been wifi related.
Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
162 Posts
Bronze Member
I visited my local dealer this afternoon, and based on the serial number he could push a hotfix (1.3.27802.28672131) to the multi room problem to my Core.

The update was available when I got home.

My BV11/Core and my M5 have now been playing Spotify via the Core for more than an hour without any problems. That was not possible before the hotfix, so I think that the problem is solved Big Smile.

PS. My dealer said that the update would probably be generally available later this week.

Top 500 Contributor
211 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Jan 25 2019 12:01 PM

Does anyone know a release date for the new software?

My M3 is on 1.4.26906.6752509 and still I can't multiroom to my televisions (which hurts because my setup is currently M3 + V1 + V1).

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL