Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 958 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

LG’s 2019 OLED TV will be powered by a new  Alpha A9 Gen. 2, processor.

The processor, which goes by the name of Alpha A9 (Gen. 2), is touting a four-step noise-reduction algorithm.
An enhanced color correction algorithm and 120 fps High Frame Rate HFR (high frame-rate) content is also
supported by LG's Alpha 9 Gen 2 CPU in the Z9, W9, E9, and C9 OLED models (plus the SM99 and SM8X
LCD sets), which LG says uses AI and deep learning "from a vast database of over 1 million visual data" to
analyze and enhance the image based on what's going on in the picture. And the content type. It's a little
similar in some ways to the AI and ML features in smartphone cameras. LG claims its silicon solution can
help with audio, too. Specifically, the company's press release says the TVs will run algorithms that up-mix
2-channel audio to virtual 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Atmos is also supported.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,593 Posts
Bronze Member

They need to do something cos they're lagging behind Sony, Panasonic etc.

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:
They need to do something cos they're lagging behind Sony, Panasonic etc.
@ Puncher - Is it the LG's 2019 TV, you do not like. I do not expect an update of Eclipse (The LG TV version 2017). Should that happen, what is the TV brand that you think Bang & Olufsen will use. ?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,593 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm just commenting that LG don't appear to get the best out of their own panels - over the last few years other manufacturers have managed to get better pictures from the same panels.

While it's good that LG are progressing, I assume everyone else is too - It will be interesting to compare this year's crop.

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member

Agreed - look at Panasonic's top of the line announced OLED, the GZ2000.

A Pro Panel (BV 12 anyone?), added Panasonic video processing magic, Dolby Vision and HDR10+.

65 inches likely to be between 4 and 4.5k GBP.

The LG's are plenty good enough PQ wise sure, but the above just goes to show that the BV OLED offering doesn't offer what it used to.

No point denying it, even if one decides to buy an Eclipse or whatever.

I have a BV 12, didn't mind the cost as I knew there was no better PQ out there, but you can't say that with current BVs, Eclipse or whatever.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,593 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
I knew there was no better PQ out there, ...

...and that was my definition of a Beovision! Without B&O video processing the Eclipse is just another TV but with excellent sound and/or surround processing - I really felt that it shouldn't have been called a Beovision but when they have nothing else what can you expect!

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:
I'm going to ask PP to pop by with some viable WISA solutions!

@  Puncher

What do we know. And what we do not know . ?   I'm waiting for the first LG TV 2019  presentations.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

What do we know. A B&O-designed WiSA center speaker is still missing.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

LG has just announced their full TV line-up for the UK, including pricing and availability. - Click here.

LG Acquires DuPont OLED Technology. - Click here.

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
857 Posts
Gold Member
Don’t see any 88” variaties yet Sad

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi  Mikipidia

I can't see any LG 55" Signature OLED TV R variations yet.

Today a price has come. LG 65" scroll TV for about 55,000 Euro. Erm.. 

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
857 Posts
Gold Member
Wait, what now?!?!? You’re not mistaking that for danish money?

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia

Google Translate - Click here.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
We did try and tell you it would expensive....it was never going to be a mainstream product
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

@ SandyB

As we can read on my link, approximately DDK 100,000 was the price they expected, and I paid that
in the past for BV 7 with it all, so I was ready to pay again. However, I understand LG. LG 65 "Signature
OLED TV R is a brand new console, so of course they will spin gold on it at first, and there is probably
also someone there will pay. I wait two to- three years, so Signature R will also come in 55". Smile

Page 35 of 64 (959 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL