Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 682 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,944 Posts
Bronze Member

No - that is something that you get when you pay for the B&O solution.

In the above case, I wouldn’t really know what to enter on a B&O tv.....it is Penta, yes - but not really, because there is the ICE Power module in between.

Another problem would be to enter the right distance in the setup . Must it be the distance to the Receiver 1/s or to the actual speaker/s???

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
519 Posts
Bronze Member

Good point, actually! I guess no other way but to enter one value, listen to the setup and then enter the other and listen again. Whichever sounds better and more natural should be the right one.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Hi jvezina. WiSA write Approved WiSA speaker can be combined. Then write BeoLab 18 as the front speaker
R and L in the LG TV. I would like to keep my ICE / BeoVox Penta setup. So I hope it's the way to do it.

http://www.beoshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=189

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

If this works as I hope, we can also use earlier versions of active BeoLab speakers.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

If you want to make your own adapter cables, there is help here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

Wireless WiSA speakers on LG OLED.

B&O uses WiSA.

WiSA is the standard Bang & Olufsen uses. So with this stick will be
It is possible to connect wireless B&O speakers to a LG OLED TV.

WiSA stick to LG OLED TV. Photo: recordere.dk

By Lars Ladingkær. January 2018.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
735 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 6:50 PM
Any idea on the quality of the surround sound processor in the LG tv? It has to handle the time delay (for distance) and crossover frequency allocations for each of the speakers.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

DMacri:
Any idea on the quality of the surround sound processor in the LG tv? It has to handle the
time delay (for distance) and crossover frequency allocations for each of the speakers.

Hi DMacri

WiSA wireless system has now worked for several years from, for example, BeoVision Avant to
BeoLab 18. Or from BeoVision Avant, over a BeoLab Receiver 1 to BeoLab 9, without time delay.

WiSA new wireless system over WiSA Ready / dongle in a LG tv 2019 is described here.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,944 Posts
Bronze Member

@DMicri

Obviously Peter Pan did not understand your question.

As far as I know, there is only a very basic setup procedure with the WiSA Ready implementation in the LG’s.

We will know for sure, when the first people try it out.

It surely will not be anything that you can compare with a fullblowwn audio processor, like the one in the B&O WiSA-tv’s.

However some (maybe even many) people will be content with that.....they then have nice looking speakers along with a ‘cheap’ OLED screen in their livingroom 😉

Most people don’t care for or notice the suble things a quality audio processing may add to the mix.

But - again....let us see, when the results with the first setups with WiSA BeoLabs will come.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

Now Millemissen has been negative right from the start.

Remember this is an alternative when B&O has sold their last BeoVision TV.

OlivierC
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member
Hello,

I’m not sure if the following questions have been already replied in this long thread, in case my apologies.

1) When is it expected to have the LG WiSA stick available in the market?

2) Expected price?

3) What if this dongle is connected to a non-WiSA BeoVision? Would it make it the same as a more recent BV WiSA-equipped set or would we have some trade off? Would it make a B&O Transmitter redundant?

Thank you! Smile

Olivier
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,944 Posts
Bronze Member

1: don’t know exactly - but I guess with launch of the 2019 LG/OLED’s.

2: no idea, but not that expensive, if I remember correct.

3: You can only connect this dongle (means use with) a tv, that is WiSA Ready enabled.

Means there must be a special software on the tv (like with the 2019 LG’s) in order for this to work.

There is no way what so ever that this could work in a B&O tv.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,944 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Now Millemissen has been negative right from the start.

Remember this is an alternative when B&O has sold their last BeoVision TV.

Maybe you should answer the question from DMacri instead of repeating what you have written a hundred times already....

.....or just wait for more information, when the 2019/LG’s are rhere.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,576 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi OlivierC

2) Expected price?

From November 2018. Download WiSA PDF - Click here.

Page 30 of 46 (683 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL