Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 457 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Man, that was 10 plus years ago.....you must have recovered since then.

MM

@  Millemissen

On my B&O A V setup, is labeled- made of Bang & Olufsen Struer Denmark. Maybe that's
why it still works fine. But I also bought new products from B&O a couple of weeks ago. Yes - thumbs up

Now we look forward to launching these LG versions, and how WiSA will work with them.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,695 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

But I also bought new products from B&O a couple of weeks ago. Yes - thumbs up

Oh, please tell us....show us.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

Nothing lasts forever. I had to change the display of my Beo4 Mk III from 2006 as it only showed lines.
A replacement kit cost 21 Euro. You can replace it yourself, it's not particularly difficult.

Big Smile

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

The consequences of the decision no longer to develop TV, hav now seriously affecting even the most
hardcore Beofan. B&O's product range shrinks every year. The time for the few remaining TV's will soon
expire. Then it is No wonder the B&O dealers are nervous about their future. Maybe it will be WiSA /Active
BeoLab for a period. That makes it understandable to have LG's TV in the Bang & Olufsen stores.

From November 2018. Download WiSA PDF - Click here.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

The consequences of the decision no longer to develop TV, hav now seriously affecting even the most
hardcore Beofan. B&O's product range shrinks every year. The time for the few remaining TV's will soon
expire. Then it is No wonder the B&O dealers are nervous about their future. Maybe it will be WiSA /Active
BeoLab for a period. That makes it understandable to have LG's TV in the Bang & Olufsen stores.

Good afternoon Peter,

Do you have access to some privilegied information in order to say this ?

If this is the case, I am seriously thinking of retiring now my old MX-5000 in my bedroom (still works, but no longer top shape) and replacing it with my 7-40 (still works well) and getting an Eclipse for my living room. 

There is (or was) a member called Roger who had access to privilegied information. He had not posted on the forum for almost one year. His comments would be welcome.

Regards,

Jean

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,231 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 2:10 PM

Everyone is just going off what dealers have told them - and of course encouraged by seeing Rogers' comments a while back.

But as I posted last week in response to you, nothing is official, a few seem to have been told there will be future BVs (whatever that means), but a good number seem to have been told something that fits more or less with what Roger was saying. My dealer in London was told pretty much the same as Roger, when I saw him a few weeks ago.

And again, I don't think we will have any official clarity for many many months.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Everyone is just going off what dealers have told them - and of course encouraged by seeing Rogers' comments a while back.

But as I posted last week in response to you, nothing is official, a few seem to have been told there will be future BVs (whatever that means), but a good number seem to have been told something that fits more or less with what Roger was saying. My dealer in London was told pretty much the same as Roger, when I saw him a few weeks ago.

And again, I don't think we will have any official clarity for many many months.

Thanks a lot!

Jean

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,231 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Mar 11 2019 4:30 PM

No worries - big picture, we won't know anything official for many months.

It is what it is.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

It is in itself a strange strategy from Bang & Olufsen. Your guess why this is so .....
B&O must be able to understand this, we are many who feel that they are failing us.

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
597 Posts
Gold Member
No worries = you’re welcome

One is uk/oz/nz english and the other mostly usa english

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Mikipidia Yes - thumbs up

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,231 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 5:26 PM
Thanks! I keep assuming everyones English is as good as mine...my bad
Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

From Summit Wireless Technologies.

Summit Wireless Announces 2019 Global Launch of WiSA Certified Products by Nine Leading
Wireless Speaker Manufacturers Across North America, Europe and Asia. - Read here.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,407 Posts
Bronze Member

My front speaker is BeoVox Penta. I've played a bit with a drawing. Drawing page 30 -

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

My front speaker is BeoVox Penta. I've played a bit with a drawing.
Here's how I think they will be able to enter as a front speaker in a WISA setup.

http://www.beoshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=189

This Beolab receiver is very interesting.

With B&O equipment, when you select a speaker model, the surround processor adjust its output automatically to the speaker characteristics. Will that be possible when many brands will be mixed ? Is returning speaker characteristics a part of the WISA standard ?

Regards,

Jean

Page 29 of 31 (458 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL