Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 965 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM | Locked

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Peter Pan replied on Wed, Mar 20 2019 9:48 PM | Locked
Verified by Hammej

Hi OlivierC

2) Expected price?

From November 2018. Download WiSA PDF - Click here.

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:59 PM | Locked

Agreed, for now - yes its a fab platform.

But the others are and have improved, and I can see a world without peripherals not that far away.

Will Samsung really be the only one with iTunes Movies / TV in 2-3 years time, or will other TV's have it too?

Heck, even Blu-Rays may be gone in a few years (makes me sad, but can't stem the tide)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:59 PM | Locked

ibg001:

Yes I acknowledge the point earlier mentioned about the center speaker. 

I do not have this setup myself. One of my friends have and is satisfied. 

You won’t miss a center channel untill you have one.

Same as with a sub....unless - of course - you have a set of BL5/9/20/50/90

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 8:03 PM | Locked

Sandyb:

Heck, even Blu-Rays may be gone in a few years (makes me sad, but can't stem the tide)

Now tell me, how do I watch (my) concert videos....without a bluray player?

MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 9:26 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

Sandyb:

Now tell me, how do I watch (my) concert videos....without a bluray player?

MM

Not talking about legacy, or soon to be legacy products.

Talking about the future - there's apparently only one plant left in Mexico that presses discs for North America, Samsung are pulling out of making players, so its a reasonable chance that hardware brands are planning for a future sans discs.

Anyway, ports will remain to connect players for a long time yet - but thats not the point.  They'll become niche, not all titles will get released in premium formats, and / or they'll get expensive (logically).  The trend in sales is clear enough, won't reverse and will likely accelerate.

More broadly, the point is that AV brands would have designed peripheral connectivity as a primary consideration into their products. That's clearly going to be a secondary consideration going forward. Laptops are virtually port free, TV's will be so in 10 years.

And as it relates to B&O now, a chance that they'll leave PUC out of the future hub / sound centre, rely on CEC, and assume that a good proportion will just use in built apps on the connected smart TV, given how broad now is the range of apps they come with.  Not producing BV's, they may well feel less invested in ideal control scenarios of a bunch of peripherals...its a perfectly logical read across from exiting the BV business.

But let's not go over old ground, and for sake of repetition, I only make this point about PUC/CEC because many here assume its continuation, and I would suggest its more 50/50 at best.

Wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed now, would we..

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 9:44 PM | Locked

Old discussion, we know - let’s wait and see how things work out with B&O.

Still, my question was: ‘Now tell me, how do I watch (my) concert videos....without a bluray player?

No streaming service for that kind of video.
Whether I want it or not, I’ll have to rely on blurays/bluray players for that - as long as these exist.....I don’t mind, because the sound is the better, anyway.
Besides there are lots of movies, that you don’t find on the streaming services - they seem to focus on mainstream movies and endless, time-consuming series.
MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 10:14 PM | Locked
Yes and answered that - ports to connect a player will remain.

The world moves on, clinging to things we value in the past is all well and good, but I’d prefer to have a realistic outlook regardless of old habits.

Network Link will be gone sometime in the next 5-7 years, and other things will be de-emphasised or substituted , be that PUC or whatever.

retrenchment is the game, I see zero reason why B&O are immune, the exit from BVs being indicative.

But they’ll still survive on core competencies, which is no bad thing.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 10:35 PM | Locked

Sorry, asking for concert videos (on discs) hasn’t got anything to do with ‘clinging to things we value in the past‘.

Give me a streaming (or download) service with what I today can buy in an equivalent quality, and I’ll be glad to give up on discs.

I have moved to streaming music long ago - only buy a cd very seldom, when I can’t find it online.

My CD’s (a lot) stay in their boxes - I don’t even bother to play them off my rips.

This is not about clinging to the past!

By the way - what are the core competencies of B&O,......that would be a subject for another thread!

MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 11:24 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

Sorry, asking for concert videos (on discs) hasn’t got anything to do with ‘clinging to things we value in the past‘.

Give me a streaming (or download) service with what I today can buy in an equivalent quality, and I’ll be glad to give up on discs.

I have moved to streaming music long ago - only buy a cd very seldom, when I can’t find it online.

My CD’s (a lot) stay in their boxes - I don’t even bother to play them off my rips.

This is not about clinging to the past!

By the way - what are the core competencies of B&O,......that would be a subject for another thread!

MM

The world is moving on from discs - doesn't mean they'll disappear, they'lll just become niche, more expensive etc......you'll still be able to play them, thats not the point. 

I'll summarise : when people discuss future product iterations, your response is generally characterised as celebrating or emphasising things they have done (in many cases well) in the past, and rejecting the idea that some of things will or have fallen by the wayside.  As I've said before, you setup is largely not new, and if you'd start from scratch you'd be less enthused. 

I actually don't differ from you in many respects,i really do appreciate many of the same things, its just that I have a different assessment of how things will evolve. I don't especially want PUC (yes that example again) to disappear - I just think there's a good chance it will.

The response to this idea from many here is to cry "no, they can't move on from PUC"....these are exactly the responses people always give before things change, and are generally proved wrong, so regardless of my preferences, I'd rather not keep my head buried in the sand.

Was it Chistian on the podcast who said that people don't use NL very much.......that will go as well, not in the immediate future, but not as far away as people think. But let's not go there now, as I'm sure you'd like a restful nights sleep.

ibg001
Not Ranked
55 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 5:53 AM | Locked

I have one. 

A soundbar for center with a new type BeoSound Core with all sound channels might be what we will see if there will be no BeoVision anymore. 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 6:09 AM | Locked

@ Millemissen. Enjoy your BV Avant 55 ", the two BL 6000 ML II and your V1 Play TV.
Dream just that B&O grows big again no one will prevent you in. The world goes on.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:17 AM | Locked

Personally, only the rear speaker I want WiSA wireless. With an AVR connected,
I will be able to use cables for the other speakers in my 5.1 setup.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:17 AM | Locked

ibg001:

I have one. 

A soundbar for center with a new type BeoSound Core with all sound channels might be what we will see if there will be no BeoVision anymore. 

A BeoSystem Core, then 😉

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:21 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Personally, only the rear speaker I want WiSA wireless. With an AVR connected,
I will be able to use cables for the other speakers in my 5.1 setup.

No problem - get yourself a Transmitter 1 and - depending on your rear speakers - two Reveiver 1’s.

B&O has made that possible for years now (but only in one colour).

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:50 AM | Locked

@ Millemissen.
No Transmitter 1 to me. I don't want to start with the B & O's ecosystem now. B & O's suport may disappear already tomorrow. Confused

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:00 AM | Locked

B&O ecosystem’....hmmm - thats just a WiSA-compliant sender.

Please name me another way to get a WiSA connection to the rears from a receiver?

MM

Page 23 of 65 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL