Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 957 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:32 PM

Sorry, where do I buy a Wallpaper 55 inch?

Thought not.

Even the G series was never offered in 55 inch.

So clearly not "always the case".  I know we're in a post truth world, but honestly......

So. yes, it's certainly not impossible, but precedent suggests extremely unlikely, at least not for the foreseeable future.....

The problem is that if the rollable is very successful, they'd consider a wider implementation - but it will be so expensive, they won't really be able to tell.

They sell very few Wallpaper versions - their customer base is historically not at the very very premium end.

And therein lies the problem.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

Here's a summary -

Flatpanelshd.com. This year, LG will launch 4K OLED TVs with HDMI 2.1, the first 8K OLED TV,
and the first rollable TV. Here are our first impressions after having spent some time with the TVs,
along with technical information about the HDMI 2.1/ eARC. features and more.

Read more. Click here.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:10 PM

And?

Says nothing to suggest there will be a 55 inch.

Again, you say its "always like that", when it clearly hasn't been.

The WISA implementation was not quite what you first thought - I did question at the time whether the dongle implementation would require a separate centre channel, and I was right.

I strongly suspect I will be right on the size issue - a rollable 55 inch is coming no time soon, if ever.

You never answered the question (not that I am surprised) of why there was no 55 inch Wallpaper,  or even G series.......

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:
LG-TV-OLED65R9 - is just the first. When implemented, it will rollable be 55" next. This has always been the case.

I hope it will be so, before or late. 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 11:26 PM

Sure, nothing wrong with hope I guess.

Your posts suggest certainty though.

And LG's history of reserving their niche or premium models / form factors for 65 / 77 inches, suggests this hope is misplaced.

The probability is pretty low, though not zero of course.

And lets not forget the price - the 65 inch rollable will be no less than 10k, which is expensive if the speaker part can't easily be part of a 5.1 setup and a separate speaker / av processing unit is required. Better to get an E series and then build out from there.

As I've said before, its designed as a stand alone multi channel product.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

This is not a soundbar but a ViSA compatible Center speaker.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

WiSA ON Facebook - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

So it will be nice we get a date for when LG's 2019 TV is being launched. Yes - thumbs up

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

Select Klipsch RP-440WC Reference Premiere HD Wireless Drive Center Speaker, requires a Klipsch
RP-HUB1 HD Wireless Control Center (sold separately), if the selected TV does not have WiSA compatibility. -
Click here. - Klipsch  WiSA HUB pdf Manuals - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Would be nice if people could share, when they find something WiSA related from CES 2019 -
there is so much going on there.....hard to get an overview.

MM

Summit wireless unveils WiSA ready platforms at CEC 2019. - Read more here.

ibg001
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:10 PM

Several of the post here has been about why have a Beoremote if I do not have Bevision. 

If you have a LG TV, a Beosound Core, Beolab Speakers, an AppleTV and a Beoremote One it will make sense. 

Of course this is not WiSA based.

Connect your Apple TV to the LG TV, connect the Beosound Core to the Apple TV. Then via bluetooth pair your Beosound Core with your Apple TV as a bluetooth player and then pair your Beoremote One BT with your AppleTV as remote controller. 

This setup assumes that you get all video content from your AppleTV including streaming live TV via apps on the Apple TV. And perhaps al TV soon will be only streaming.

Now your Beoremote One BT controls everything. The TV will automatic turn on and off via HDMI-CEC when you turn on the AppleTV with your Beoremote One. Sound will also be controlled with Beoremote One BT.

And you can also pair all your other B&O speakers like M3, M5 and also Essence with the same Beoremote One BT remote if you want. Then you control all via bluetooth if the range is not to big, but the bluetooth has a strong signal.

Then networklink will also work and Airplay2 if you prefer this for multiroom.

So if B&O will no longer produce TVs (which is sad) then they will probably launch some kind in BeoSound Core Plus device with WiSA support. 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:50 PM

Looking at the new Panasonic OLED range, with the Pro panel top model, suggests a post BV world has its upsides too.

And B&O will offer up some solution to using.a 3rd party screen with BV speakers.

What shape, form or control interface it comes with, time will tell - its tough to gauge the breadth of their ambition really in this area.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,271 Posts
Bronze Member

@ibg001

I’d definitely miss my center speaker and the BSys4 Audio Engine for managing my speakers.

No 2.0 setup for me!

And I would surely not want to be limited to an ATV for my watching!

@Sandyb

Having my audio up to notch (read: the B&O way) is more important to me than a ‘top modern’ tv.

In the worst case scenario I’d rather go for a BeoSystem 4 and feed the non-B&O tv with 1080P SD signal from there.

But, who says that the worst case scenario will happen ๐Ÿ˜‰

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:41 PM

Millemissen:

@ibg001

I’d definitely miss my center speaker and the BSys4 Audio Engine for managing my speakers.

No 2.0 setup for me!

And I would surely not want to be limited to an ATV for my watching!

@Sandyb

Having my audio up to notch (read: the B&O way) is more important to me than a ‘top modern’ tv.

In the worst case scenario I’d rather go for a BeoSystem 4 and feed the non-B&O tv with 1080P SD signal from there.

But, who says that the worst case scenario will happen ๐Ÿ˜‰

MM

Sure, everyone has their preferences, perfectly respect that.

Though the setup you describe above - you'd get no audio from the TV's smart apps. Seems a shame given smart platforms have become much better now, and fully featured. 

And at some point, the HDR itch will be difficult not to scratch for me, be that in 1 year or 3 years.

But anyway, B&O will come up with a multi channel hub of some sort - so a post BV world needn't be bad. If I can connect a Panasonic OLED to it, and still use my BL's and NL, happy days.

ibg001
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:53 PM

Why use apps on TV if you have a Apple TV. In the suggested setup the is only used as a display. 

Yes I acknowledge the point earlier mentioned about the center speaker. 

I do not have this setup myself. One of my friends have and is satisfied. 

Page 22 of 64 (958 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL