Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 594 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

DMacri
Top 150 Contributor
United States
705 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:27 AM
Please tell me this was a result of a collaboration between B&O and LG.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
648 Posts
Gold Member
Iam not sure it was, they’ve been trying to do this for a long time. They even had the idea years ago to make little oled panels for in magazines to have dynamic ads and stuff like that. So the physical flexibility of oled has always been on their minds.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi DMacri

This is a pure LG TV production. But B&O can sell WiSA-compatible speakers. - This is a collaboration between B&O and LG. Smile

With the LG Signature 65R9 OLED TV R, you’d be able to leverage on Amazon Alexa to get a variety of
things done. In addition, there’s support for Apple AirPlay 2, HomeKit. Like,  With AirPlay 2, you can play
videos from  iTunes library, as well as enjoy videos, music, photos from your Apple devices on the LG
Signature 65R9 OLED TV R. As for HomeKit, it lets you control the TV using the Home app, or if you
desire, just by asking Siri. Roll box /Soundbar works with 4.2 surround channels, 100 watt amplifier and
Dolby Atmos processes.

https://www.wisaassociation.org/certified-devices/

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member

How the LG WISA Tv's / dongle combination do it.

Torben Rasmussen:
I ask LG what is possible. So we must wait for an answer.
The question has been sent. It may take some time before answers come back.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member

Big dreams don't hurt. Is this dream too big ? Yes - thumbs up

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member

Torben Rasmussen:
Reply from LGs R&D-department.

This R9 has great sound by itself. However, LG WiSA Ready TV supports external WiSA speakers only.
So, when TV is set to WiSA speakers output, TV speaker will be muted and cannot be used as mix and match.

As for setup, once WiSA speaker set is detected, you can see the list of speakers.
And, you can assign them L/R/C/LS/RS/LFE channel by playing test audio from each speaker.

Build the audio system of your dreams. WiSA Certified and WiSA Ready components to start
building your audio experience. Here is Bang & Olufsen missing a WiSA compatible center speaker.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,341 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:07 AM

That was the question I posed (I think) a few weeks ago - no mix and match is not a great outcome, when using WISA.

Especially when it comes to the Rollable - the massive box speaker is therefore unusable in a 5.1 setup.

Less of an issue for the C,E,G,W series I guess, but still not perfect.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,838 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Big dreams don't hurt. Is this dream too big ? Yes - thumbs up

Obviously it was too big!

I would have been very surpriced, when that would have been possible with the R-OLED (or any of the others).

Now go chasing another dream Peter Pan.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,838 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

The only perfect thing would be to have a Sound Center, that - as we know it - can mix and match wired and wireles/WiSA outputs...

....or an updated BV Eclipse 😉

After that comes the big question: will people want to pay the price for that?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,341 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:00 AM

Indeed, I asked the question about WISA flexibility a few weeks ago.

Wasn't obvious to me that a peripheral like the WISA dongle would allow mix and match - and so it proves.

WISA is a nice addition for some use cases, but not much beyond that.

I suspect there will be other limitations too - for setups where the speakers (connected by WISA) need to be used for both TV and music, I can see pretty of issues.

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

That was the question I posed (I think) a few weeks ago - no mix and match is not a great outcome, when using WISA.

Especially when it comes to the Rollable - the massive box speaker is therefore unusable in a 5.1 setup.

The W serie also have a soundbar that would be in the way. Very strange that they have not released a Wallpaper without sound yet.

For the W and R serie it could be relevant, but who would have two Beolab 17 and then use the sound from the C/E serie?

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,341 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:09 AM

The issue with the W and R series is that the sound part of those TV's is also the connected centre, so they have to be present.

And secondarily, it looks like the LG WISA implementation is all or nothing - i.e. when you plug in the WISA dongle, all channels have to go to WISA speakers, and the TV's native speaker is not available as one of those channels.

That matters less with a C8 for example, where the included sound is pretty marginal anyway.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Millemissen.

You do not need to think about me. I've always wanted separate center speaker for individual choice. Smile

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
193 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Sandyb:

The only perfect thing would be to have a Sound Center, that - as we know it - can mix and match wired and wireles/WiSA outputs...

....or an updated BV Eclipse 😉

After that comes the big question: will people want to pay the price for that?

MM

Forget the TV and the long-term value will be OK, but add reliable sound-sync capability and mounting solutions. I think this is the best solution for Customers AND B&O.  It seems so logical and possible if B&O even want to be in that business anymore?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,522 Posts
Bronze Member

The next thing I think about is Dolby Atmos a fashion phenomenon as 3D. Because
then it's not good that processors are in the TV. It's cheaper to switch a Surround receiver.

Page 19 of 40 (595 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL