Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 958 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,780 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Sat, Dec 29 2018 12:27 AM
Am I the only one hating wireless. I have paid a fortune on cables and pipes. Don”t be as if it is the holy grail, it is not. Wireless sucks, wifi sucks, zigbee sucks, z-wave sucks a litlle bit less but at the end it sucks.

So you pay a fortune on a set of speakers as BL50 or 90 but yes let us see how we can do this wireless. Do a search on any forum, it sucks, again. Just as my cores wireless is nice but at high end, well it sucks.

I do not want it do not need it, for my ipad ok but not at my stereo, play loud and wait till it drops...

It will drop, matter of time. Another tweeter dead.

Seriously WISA on high end speakers really?
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Dec 29 2018 12:43 AM

Not the only one - I've got everything (B&O) hard wired in.

Of course that's not easy or practical for everyone, but that's a different issue.

Out of the 16 devices online in my apartment, only 3 are wireless (iPhone, iPad, laptop).

Wireless works well for simple cases.- but for serious heavy duty use, you either need to be lucky, or invest in improving the wireless architecture, or just hard wire ( as I did in the end)

Even Bluetooth headphones are messy - every brand forum is filled with grumbles about poor connectivity. And the sound quality is compromised.

Apple may have got it right with their AirPods, with a separate chip to manage wireless connections, but the AirPods are not for music.

An earlier poster quoted WISA being seamless - I expressed scepticism at that, and would do so again. 

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
241 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Sat, Dec 29 2018 12:45 AM

chucky:
Am I the only one hating wireless. I have paid a fortune on cables and pipes. Don”t be as if it is the holy grail, it is not. Wireless sucks, wifi sucks, zigbee sucks, z-wave sucks a litlle bit less but at the end it sucks.

So you pay a fortune on a set of speakers as BL50 or 90 but yes let us see how we can do this wireless. Do a search on any forum, it sucks, again. Just as my cores wireless is nice but at high end, well it sucks.

I do not want it do not need it, for my ipad ok but not at my stereo, play loud and wait till it drops...

It will drop, matter of time. Another tweeter dead.

Seriously WISA on high end speakers really?

No,you are not only one.High-end speakers wireless?Never ever.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

Not the only one - I've got everything (B&O) hard wired in.

Of course that's not easy or practical for everyone, but that's a different issue.

Out of the 16 devices online in my apartment, only 3 are wireless (iPhone, iPad, laptop).

Wireless works well for simple cases.- but for serious heavy duty use, you either need to be lucky, or invest in improving the wireless architecture, or just hard wire ( as I did in the end)

Even Bluetooth headphones are messy - every brand forum is filled with grumbles about poor connectivity. And the sound quality is compromised.

Apple may have got it right with their AirPods, with a separate chip to manage wireless connections, but the AirPods are not for music.

An earlier poster quoted WISA being seamless - I expressed scepticism at that, and would do so again.

I just yesterday sold my Beolab 9a that has been connected by PL. I bought Beolab 20 in September and they run wireless. I have had a few issues with that, but pretty seldom. Sometimes one speaker won’t turn on or they go into some kind on off behavior. I’ve had issues with stuttering sound and glitchy speakers when airplaying from iPad to cabled Apple TV. I then had to temporarily switch off WiFi 5ghz and it worked just fine.

I am probably connecting them to PL now since the cables aren’t used for the 9s anymore. But I believe that the PL leads are pretty cheap and not perfectly made cables. I hear noise in all of my Beolabs and sometimes I hear ground noise due to the cables. It’s annoying and even though it’s usually pretty low I feel that Beolab 20 sounds cleaner with less noise wireless. I don’t know if they will differ with cables but this is one thing to take into consideration too. Cables aren’t optimal, certainly not analog.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,337 Posts
Bronze Member
I like wireless. For me it is fine.
Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
127 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Sun, Dec 30 2018 3:00 AM

Wired or wireless, I don't care.

What I really would like to see is a new multichannel solution for B&O speakers, without video processing.

A SuperCore with HDMI, BT, Chromecast, Airplay and Toslink input.

7.1 PL, Wisa and Toslink outputs. Let the customer decide which one to use...

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,780 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Dante

Totally agree. But it is a dream.

My dream in 2016/17.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
241 Posts
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

@ Dante

Totally agree. But it is a dream.

My dream in 2016/17.

Almando was very close...

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,337 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

@ Dante

Totally agree. But it is a dream.

My dream in 2016/17.

Imagine a world without imagination.

Keep up the good work PP
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,780 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi and thanks Aussie Michael

Without imagination and initiative, no opportunities for Bang & Olufsen.

David
Not Ranked
Oxford
40 Posts
Gold Member

CES is just 8 days away. B&O TV productions appears to be almost over. Lets hope we get to see something like PP's Surround Processor at CES.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,337 Posts
Bronze Member
David :

CES is just 8 days away. B&O TV productions appears to be almost over. Lets hope we get to see something like PP's Surround Processor at CES.

I doubt we will get anything then. I think they spent too much of their r and d on the Edge.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,780 Posts
Bronze Member

For all TV brands -
An B&O HUB in 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos. Connection: Wired for the previous generation BeoLab or
Wirelees for the new generation BeoLab, could be a great setup. Then all wishes can be fulfilled in 2019. Smile Beer

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
239 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry to say, I think the product above is not where B&O should invest. It's a legacy hub thats will appeal to a very narrow market for a very short period of time.  Connectivity and Speakers is now a wireless game. Hubs need to drive broader home automation and experiences. B&O needs to have the same attitude as Apple, being brave to dump stereo jacks, integrated DVDs and slow USB ports. Yes, you'll get your moans from groups of people with their old stuff, but its a necessity if you are to focus on progress and real innovation. You have to leave the baggage behind.  Sorry, but B&O needs to look out ahead if it is to start growing again. 

Page 11 of 64 (959 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL