rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
877 Posts
Silver Member
Manbearpig posted on Tue, Dec 4 2018 9:34 AM

Dear members,

I just happened to buy a Beosound 4 that I never really liked from purely looking at pictures. But the price was decent and opportunity there, so I gave it a try. Have to admit that the Beosound 4 looks and feels much nicer in real life than what I would have imagined from pictures. Didn't expect that. The more I look at it, the more I like the design. If the device could just read DVDs and had DAB+ installed. Then I'd call it an almost perfect product. So what is your take on the Beosound 4 and how do you like it even today?

Cheers,

Kai

All Replies

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
552 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Tue, Dec 4 2018 10:13 AM

Hi,

the BS4 could be upgraded to DAB+ if the type nr and the serial nr. meet some prerequesits.

Keith Saunders showed this here:

The CD Player will stayy a CD player for ever Sad

Ralph-Marcus

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
136 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Tue, Dec 4 2018 11:33 AM

I just don't get why it doesn't have a SPDIF digital output, like BS9000...

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

I've always liked the BeoSound 4 but never bought one as I had several other BeoSounds so I just couldn't find a place for it. Having downsized property I have sold on even more B&O stuff now so am only left with an 11-46, a V1-32, an 8-32 and various Play products. I was thinking about getting a BeoSound 2 as I was simply blown away by the sound that thing made, its outstanding.However, I don't really need one and have nowhere to put it anyway! if I had a BS4 I would probably pair it up with some 4000 speakers in light grey, I think that would be a great combo. Simon.

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL