Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beovision Eclipse - Software bug in latest update (2.3.xx) when swifting audio sources from Deezer to "music" DLNA

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member
Martin posted on Thu, Nov 29 2018 3:42 PM

After yesterdays softwareupdate for my Beovision Eclipse soundcenter (software 2.3.xxxx) with Airplay 2, it has arrived a software bug which is very frustrating.

The software-bug appears as follows:

If you start the Eclipse soundcenter with Deezer (thru the B&O app) or Music (DLNA-content), the Bang&Olufsen APP loses the contact with the soundcenter when you switch to another music source. So if You start the TV with Deezer, everything works perfect. But when you switch to Music (DLNA content) the B&O-app loses the contact with soundcenter and there is no cover-art, no time-mark of the song playing and no possibililty to put the music to "pause". If You after this switch back to Deezer, everything works perfect.

If You start the soundcenter with Music-source (DLNA-content), everything works perfect. BUT if you switch to Deezer the same problem occurs as described before (no coverart, no time-mark, no possibility to pause the music).

If you make a "play-list" in the B&O-app and this playlilst has content from both Deezer and music (DLNA-content) the first source that is playing works perfect. When the TV switches to content from DLNA (Music) then the contact between the soundcenter and B&O-app will not work.

Please forward this complaint to your software-developer and make a fix as soon as possible. The last software 2.2.xxxxx before the Airplay2-software worked perfect.

Best Regards
Martin Ström
SWEDEN

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

All Replies

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Tomas,

When do You expect the software fix ready regarding the bug I mentioned above for the Eclipse?

Best Regards
Martin

SWEDEN

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin

The bug is currently being investigated, but I have no ETA on a solution yet. 

Br

Thomas

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
470 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend:

Thanks, I’ve no idea how to do it but I’ll crack on. Cheers Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Go to each source input HDMI A-D and at the bottom of the menu you’ll see HDMI control. In your Sky Q box go to Audio Visual Settings and switch off HDMI control.

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,203 Posts
Bronze Member
Thank you very muchYes - thumbs up

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member

The bug has been identified and we are working on solution. Test version is expected next week and I will keep you posted on when the fix is going to roll out.

/Thomas

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Tomas,

Great. Looking forward to get the fix before christmasSmile

Best Regards
Martin

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL