Beosound Essence Remote an BS 1

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

ChrisBerlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
ChrisBerlin posted on Mon, Nov 26 2018 1:55 AM
I have two BS 1 each paired with a BS Essence Remote. When paired it works fine. Unfortunately both lost their connection after some days, so that I have to re-pair them.

Does anybody else have this experience? Is there a known fix?

Thanks for help

All Replies

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
249 Posts
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 7:07 PM
I have the same on my core, I have 2 essence remote paired to the kitchen but hopeless. Every 2 weeks, delete, unplug mains, plug mains, pair....Wink

No worries, you get used to it, my wife starts laughing at me, cheap crap she says.
AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
598 Posts
Bronze Member

Same problem for me with A9Mk2. Welcome to the “luxurious” and “lifestyle” world of Bang & Olufsen. ;)

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
123 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi.. as i know they still work with this. And both bs1 and a9 will Get new software in this week. If everything in the Quility test work good. So maybe they will fix this problem:) 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
689 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 10:54 PM

And if the fix is similar to the Essence "solution", you might get a nightly "plop" or "boop"... which I guess I prefer to weekly power cycles.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 11:27 PM

I've had the same problem with the BS1. The really big problem with the BS1 is that a power cycle isn't as easy as use unplugging and reconnecting the power cable. Since the BS1 has a battery reserve, you must press the button on the bottom of the BS1 to do a power cycle. As the buttons are not clearly labeled, I must get out a flashlight and my reading glasses to do this.

My solution has been to use a Lutron RadioRa2 keypad via the BLGW. I have more control over the BS1 by assigning and labeling buttons for specific sources and for JOIN and STANDBY. I use this much more than I use the Essence remote.

It's also a shame that B&O hasn't expanded use of the BeoRemote One for more BT products.

ChrisBerlin
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff:

I've had the same problem with the BS1. The really big problem with the BS1 is that a power cycle isn't as easy as use unplugging and reconnecting the power cable. Since the BS1 has a battery reserve, you must press the button on the bottom of the BS1 to do a power cycle. As the buttons are not clearly labeled, I must get out a flashlight and my reading glasses to do this.

My solution has been to use a Lutron RadioRa2 keypad via the BLGW. I have more control over the BS1 by assigning and labeling buttons for specific sources and for JOIN and STANDBY. I use this much more than I use the Essence remote.

It's also a shame that B&O hasn't expanded use of the BeoRemote One for more BT products.

Lutron is a workaround ... but it’s not the essence control, which in my opinion is very smart Smile ... if it works Sad
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Nov 28 2018 12:59 PM

UPDATE:

With yesterday's firmware update we CAN now pair a BeoRemote One BT with audio products. I just paired it with my BS1 and it works great! Let's open the connection stability is good and hopefully improved for the Essence remote as well.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL