DAB radio information screen/tile on BeoPlay V1

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Draystone
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Draystone posted on Mon, Nov 19 2018 5:21 PM

Bit of a strange one this but I wondering if anyone could help. I have the BeopPlay V1 television and when I initially bought it and listened to music via digital broadcasting on the freeview channels I used to get a colour information screen to go with the channel which showed the station logo, track playing, etc etc. It would eventually revert to a black screen but it lasted a while before doing so.

When I put the radio on now it just goes straight to a black screen with the word 'Radio' in the middle of the screen and the radio channel beneath it ie 'BBC Radio 2' 

Does anyone know if this is as a result of a software update in order to save the screen from image burn and if not, does anyone know how to restore the information screen to go with the radio station being played?

Thank you.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Draystone:

Bit of a strange one this but I wondering if anyone could help. I have the BeopPlay V1 television and when I initially bought it and listened to music via digital broadcasting on the freeview channels I used to get a colour information screen to go with the channel which showed the station logo, track playing, etc etc. It would eventually revert to a black screen but it lasted a while before doing so.

When I put the radio on now it just goes straight to a black screen with the word 'Radio' in the middle of the screen and the radio channel beneath it ie 'BBC Radio 2' 

Does anyone know if this is as a result of a software update in order to save the screen from image burn and if not, does anyone know how to restore the information screen to go with the radio station being played?

Thank you.

I suppose you mean the netradio function built in to the V1 - there is no DAB in the V1.

Works fine with me - just tested.

There hasn’t been updates for a long time and there (probably) won’t be any anyway.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

But maybe you mean the radio stations, that your cable provider might offer - for that I can not answer, since I am not in the UK.

MM

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,592 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 7:46 PM

Millemissen:

But maybe you mean the radio stations, that your cable provider might offer - for that I can not answer, since I am not in the UK.

MM

The OP mentioned 'Freeview' which is the over-the-air terrestrial TV/RADIO broadcast here in the UK.

To the OP: Can you not simply get the info back by pressing BLUE or MENU BLUE* in the same way that you would get programme info on screen if watching TV?  (This is the only way that I can get RADIO channel logos with my Humax STB).

Otherwise, there could be a memory problem with the logo memory.  Perhaps try deleting channels and a retune.

*EDIT:  Try the other colour buttons on the Beo4; GREEN actually toggles the radio station logo on/off on my Humax.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:

[The OP mentioned 'Freeview' which is the over-the-air terrestrial TV/RADIO broadcast here in the UK.

Ok - that is what we call DVB-T(2).

We don’t habe radio that way (in Denmark or Germany).

Those (at least in Dk), who have their signal from a cable provider (DVB-C) can access the radio programmes.

There must be someone, who use Frevlew/DVB-T on their V1/BV11/Avant2014, who could share some details.

MM

Draystone
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you all for your replies - I did mean the over the air terrestrial TV/Radio; this is the sort of thing I used to get on the screen when I selected a channel/station but now as previously mentioned I just get a blank screen with the word 'Radio'. The music still plays OK. Its not the end of the world I know but its annoying when you cant work out why its doing something different. I have tried re-tuning the set and the old power on and off trick without success.

Image result for DAB freeview screen

OlivierC
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member
Radio: same screen as the opener, black display with radio channel in the middle without any logo.

Netradio: same as shown by MM, radio and logo displayed on the right side of the black screen.

Iā€™m in Italy.

Cheers.

Olivier
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Wouldn’t it be easier just to use the built-in netradio instead - to avoid getting annoyed šŸ˜‰

MM

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,592 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:16 PM

Millemissen:

Wouldn’t it be easier just to use the built-in netradio instead - to avoid getting annoyed šŸ˜‰

MM

Perhaps the audio bitrates are better on Freeview, at least for BBC radio (or BBC 'Sounds', as it is now known! Smile)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:

Perhaps the audio bitrates are better on Freeview, at least for BBC radio (or BBC 'Sounds', as it is now known! Smile)

Good question!

The BBC programmes are distributed in a higher bitrate in the UK than in the rest of the world.

Usually the netradio in the tv picks the highest possible quality.

Since I am not able to check, we will have to wait for a UK resident to tell us.

MM

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,592 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:41 AM

Here's a useful summary of the various transmission types - seems pretty up to date: https://www.astra2sat.com/radio/uk-digital-radio-bitrates/

(BBC iPlayer = internet radio in this instance)

If abroad, you could always use a VPN or SMART DNS service to get UK internet radio at the higher bitrates.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL