rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Munique
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Munique posted on Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:24 AM

Hi @all

I am new to the world of Bang & Olufsen. Beoplay brought me there and now I just bought a pair of BL 6000.

As I want to switch to a full 5.1 System with my current Beamer I am thinking of buying a beosystem 3 MK1. I have a offer for 400€ for a used Beosystem 3 from a private seller. Do you think this is a good deal?

What do I want?

• 5.1 System
  • Netflix and Xbox Compatibility up to Full HD (this is possible via HDMI right)
  • watch TV (DVB-C)
  • use my old BEo4 for all remote actions
  • use my current 720p Beamer (this is more than enough for my use)
  • stream music from my iüphone or ipda to the system and control it via Beo4 (do you have recommendations?)
  • perhaps upgrade to WISA later

I kow this is a lot of questions for the beginning but perhaps you can help me.

best wishes to all members from a snowy munich

All Replies

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
376 Posts
Bronze Member

If 4K isn’t a requirement, it’s fine. Make sure the Beosystem has the digital TV upgrade 

400€ is about the going rate I guess.. convert to AUD and sounds about right.

therr is a new device Almando that you should read up on too.google the word and website should come up

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,809 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:54 AM
Munique:

Hi @all

I am new to the world of Bang & Olufsen. Beoplay brought me there and now I just bought a pair of BL 6000.

As I want to switch to a full 5.1 System with my current Beamer I am thinking of buying a beosystem 3 MK1. I have a offer for 400€ for a used Beosystem 3 from a private seller. Do you think this is a good deal?

What do I want?

5.1 System Netflix and Xbox Compatibility up to Full HD (this is possible via HDMI right) watch TV (DVB-C) use my old BEo4 for all remote actions use my current 720p Beamer (this is more than enough for my use) stream music from my iüphone or ipda to the system and control it via Beo4 (do you have recommendations?) perhaps upgrade to WISA later

I kow this is a lot of questions for the beginning but perhaps you can help me.

best wishes to all members from a snowy munich

You have no Netflix built in.

You cannot stream from you phone.

(Add an Appletv for that?)

WISA is not included.

The BeoSystem is quite an old product, but it will be able to handle the other things you list.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Munique
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Munique replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 11:30 AM

Would it be possible to add WISA via the B&O transmitter later? 

I would stream netflix via the xbox. Can I use my Beo4 to control my xBox?

Do you have recommendations for bluetooth or wlan streaming via phone? 

The goal is to only use one remote in best case my Beo4 at the end and controll everything.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL