rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

vidakhanomjoon123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
vidakhanomjoon123 posted on Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:06 AM

Hi

I have BeoCom 6000 MK1 and I want to add one more handset to base station, saying is no signal ,I have tried every way but no luck .

just find out that the signal number between handset and base station are not the same.

the signal from base shows     36 - 000331712110

the signal from handset shows 36 - 000331644735

maybe that's why I get no signal no handset all the time.

can anybody out there advice how can I change the number on handset.

thank you

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,584 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:14 AM

Good morning and welcome to Beoworld!

I would 'reset' the handset first:

- Press DOT 7 0 0 0 9 and then the centre button.

Then you need to search for the base again:

- Put the base in 'pairing mode' by pressing the button between the two power pins for a few seconds.

- On the handset, press DOT 7, then use the wheel to find 'HANDSET/BASE' and then REGISTER BASE.  You should then be able to choose the correct base and connect.

Come back to us if it doesn't work.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,584 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:15 AM

… but remember that the old PSTN bases only accept a maximum of 6 handsets registered at a time.

vidakhanomjoon123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Good afternoon Guy Thank you for replay and your time 

I have done what you said but no luck.

on handset I pressed dot 70009 and than OK 

handset shows Reset HS ? I pressed OK  shows Not registered .

than I put the base in pairing mode to register base ,it shoes search base wait ....... I wait it 10 mints nothing happen and still searching .

any more advice ?

many thanks 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,584 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 5:25 PM

There is a common fault with BC6000 Mk1 - the RF chip fails and unfortunately this is not repairable. 

Two other things to try:

- Maybe a new/fully charged battery with kick the BC6000's RF chip into life?

- Is there a chance that the PSTN base already has 6 handsets registered to it?  Use the HANDSET/BASE menu in one of the working handsets, go to the REMOVE HANDSET option and with the wheel you will be able to cycle through the registered handsets.  If there are 6 already listed, remove any that you do not recognise.  Then try to re-connect your new handset.

Failing all this, I have noticed that BC6000s are getting really cheap on eBay recently, especially the MK1s, so you may wish to find a replacement.

vidakhanomjoon123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guy 

The battery is new  and the base station has only one handset registered and that is working .

my problem  is  can't register handset to the base I thing because the base number is  36 - 000331712110 and handset number is  36 - 000331644735

as you can see not the same number is this curse problems ? can I change this number ? 

I hope I am not asking too much 

Thanks

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,584 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2018 7:30 PM

The handset does not have a number - I am not sure where you are getting the two numbers from!

On the working phone, if you look at HANDSET/BASE and then SELECT BASE, what base numbers are listed?  It should be only one.

Perhaps the number on the label under the base is different to what is actually being broadcast - possible if the PSTN base has been repaired in the past.

Another option that you can try is to reset the base: Press DOT 7 0 0 0 9 on the working phone, whereupon it states RESET BS, which you then OK.  You will then have to set up both your phones again.

vidakhanomjoon123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guy 

I tried every things but no luck ,

but thank you very much for your help 

I will buy new handset and see if that one working.

Best regards

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL