David Lynch has vandalised the M5

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,393
Gold Member
Simonbeo Posted: Tue, Nov 13 2018 6:49 PM

The ugly cat-scratching post has a new finish !https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/collection/davidlynch?crmid=15964916&crmcountry=GB&utm_source=20181113%7COo%7CGL%7CEN-UK-EU-gl-DavidLynch-20181113%7Cen-uk&utm_medium=email&utm_content=B_1_boCommonBodyMain_B_EXPLORE%20MORE&utm_campaign=Oo%7CGL%7CEN-UK-EU-gl-DavidLynch-20181113

anybody else have issues with this?

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 327
Bronze Member
bramble replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:07 PM
Anything being remotely associated with a "BMW model" cheap looking, like a BMW.

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,172
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:12 PM

Butt ugly, but what do you expect from the man that brought you Eraserhead and Dune?

But hey, maybe the idea is it doesn't have to work well if it's "art." After all, isn't the prevailing thing that Art is not supposed to be functional?

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Robin
Not Ranked
Nrw
Posts 24
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:10 PM
That reminds me of a picture with three „modified” Beolab 5’s. Anybody got an idea how to find them? Wanted to show them to my wife.

Concerning the “new lineup” is it modern arts, or am I allowed to throw in the bin?”
trackbeo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Silver Member
trackbeo replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 4:01 AM

Simonbeo:
anybody else have issues with this?
"Asked and answered, counsellor."  https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/35104/260254.aspx

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,205
Bronze Member
An M5 with this “artwork “ costs you an extra £250, for the privilege of having your friends ask who spilt the paint on your already ugly speakerErm..

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,399
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 7:43 AM

Horrendous but it will likely count as a "new product" release for the shareholders.

I've  suspected for a while now that product colour variations are now for a slightly more cynical reason  than in years passed.

Ban boring signatures!

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 205
Gold Member
Jon replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 7:44 AM

I actually quite like the collection, but mostly because of the Shape which I think is best suited to the design - the Beoplay speakers aren't the best looking things B&O has ever come out with.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 10,536
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 8:36 AM

I have seen many questionable DIY B&O designs and homemade rebuilds, but this one is hilariously ugly. - And it was done prof?
Perhaps it will be collectible fourty years from now.

Was it necessary?

Martin

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,262
Bronze Member

Robin:

Concerning the “new lineup” is it modern arts, or am I allowed to throw in the bin?”

No, but you are allowed not to huy them (or bother about them).

However, if you buy one, I guess you can do what you want with it....including throwingvit in the bin.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,262
Bronze Member

I know, that quite a few on Beoworld won’t accept, that B&O is also a lifestyle brand.

They are serious about this.

https://journal.beoplay.com/journal/sound-matters

If you don’t like it, spend your time on something you like.....instead!

MM

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 10,536
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:09 AM

Millemissen:

If you don’t like it, spend your time on something you like.....instead!

Exactly what I choose to do.
My time and money will be spent elsewhere.

Martin

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,262
Bronze Member

....and good so - otherweise there would be less good advices for the Beoworlders with older B&O gear.

A little this and a little that - this is one of the advantages of this forum.

MM

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,172
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 2:22 PM

Puncher:

Horrendous but it will likely count as a "new product" release for the shareholders.

I've  suspected for a while now that product colour variations are now for a slightly more cynical reason  than in years passed.

One would have hoped that they would put extreme effort into fixing their s/w and other issues and developing better products with a more unified design language, as in the Jensen and Lewis days, rather than pay for this kind of thing in a desperate effort to deflect from their quality issues.

What good is an A9 painted by David Lewis if it emits a non-stop stream of plastic sounding pops at odd times?

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 10,536
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 3:26 PM

Jeff:

What good is an A9 painted by David Lewis if it emits a non-stop stream of plastic sounding pops at odd times?

A great conversation piece.
- For more than one reason.

Martin

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 7:10 PM

Jeff:

Puncher:

One would have hoped that they would put extreme effort into fixing their s/w and other issues and developing better products with a more unified design language, as in the Jensen and Lewis days, rather than pay for this kind of thing in a desperate effort to deflect from their quality issues.

Not sure about the Apple Mouse case and the Pencil Cup, but the A9 version is absolutely fantastic for my eye. Pop Art at its best, in more ways than one. 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Bronze Member

Jeff:

Puncher:

Not sure about the Apple Mouse case and the Pencil Cup, but the A9 version is absolutely fantastic for my eye. Pop Art at its best, in more ways than one. 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Bronze Member

Jeff:

Puncher:

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 86
Bronze Member
I just bought one because it looks really good - for my bedroom- got it today- better than the picture- enjoy it Smile
Robin
Not Ranked
Nrw
Posts 24
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:27 PM

Millemissen:

No, but you are allowed not to huy them (or bother about them).

However, if you buy one, I guess you can do what you want with it....including throwingvit in the bin.

MM

I guess you’re right and my apologies, I didn’t mean to be rude. That’s the beauty of art, either you like it, or not. It’s up to everyone. To me it just doesn’t look nice, so I wanted to give it a shout. 

Yes b&o is a lifestyle brand, but sometimes it’s focusing too much on being fashionable.That’s just my thought

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL