rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Skid_Vicious
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Skid_Vicious posted on Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:33 PM

Hello all,

Vintage (budget!) audio hobbyist here.  A guy I know and used to work with promised me his late FiL's audio gear since he knew I was in to that sort of thing about a year ago.  He kept blowing me off and I forgot about it, although yesterday he just showed up and started unloading stuff.  Evidently his wife made him get to cleaning and while I had previously offered to buy it even though he didn't know what it was, he just said "take it"

SO....assuming this all works (most of the stuff on the right isn't very interesting), what have I got here?  I gather that the 7000's are somewhat limited without the control panel.  My initial idea is to use the 5000's as 2 channel amps with a Beolink remote as a standalone two channel system, and while really all I had time for last night was to unload and stack this gear in the house, I'm a little mystified as to how he had this set up and all the wires were in a big rats nest.  

Thanks in advance for any ideas on what I can do or what limitiations I might have with this gear.

Sharp eyed viewers will see an Onkyo TX-4500 in the background, out of frame the Onk is driving a pair of Altec Lansing 886A's.  Not a bad background system for $60 total..told ya I was budget :)  

All Replies

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,280 Posts
Silver Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 11:08 AM

Some B&O turntables have the fantastic feature of being operated by remote control when connected with a B&O BeoMaster. You can advance the tone-arm, retract it, pause it, and initiate play. However, you would need one of the BeoMasters such as what you have. You might want to search for a datalink-enabled BeoGram turntable!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL