Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beovision Horizon still an attractive proposition?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 0 Followers

jc
Top 500 Contributor
103 Posts
Bronze Member
jc posted on Fri, Nov 9 2018 1:08 PM

I/m thinking about a new TV; just a stand-alone TV to watch actual TV programmes, with good stereo sound, so surround sound is not important. But sound is important to me, and that is why I still consider a Beovision a candidate. I don't like the trend towards huge TV's, 40" or 43" is enough for my viewing distance.

The Horizon is already 2 years "old", and was criticised for lacking the latest and greatest tech (HDR) back then, so how would it compare to comparable offerings from well known brands like Sony, Panasonic etc?

The Eclipse is not an option, to large, to expensive, and for me, lacking B&O-ness.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,108 Posts
Bronze Member

If you want ‘good stereo sound’ there is hardly any alternative.....maybe the BV14-40” 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,108 Posts
Bronze Member

If you want ‘good stereo sound’ there is hardly any alternative.....maybe the BV14-40” 😉

MM

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
71 Posts
Bronze Member

I've a 14-40 and the horizon 48, I prefer the 14 - better picture, much better sound, better clarity / glass and much more B&O.

That said the Horizon is an excellent TV, and plays nicely with the integration and atlona matrix, but as a screen it's been relegated to the kids playroom.

Steph
Top 75 Contributor
France
963 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Fri, Nov 9 2018 4:22 PM

I want to update my BeoVision 10-40 (MK 1 - 2010) too.

I really love this TV but i think the 48 Horizon could be a good update.

What do you think ?

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Bronze Member

boskonay:

I've a 14-40 and the horizon 48, I prefer the 14 - better picture, much better sound, better clarity / glass and much more B&O.

That said the Horizon is an excellent TV, and plays nicely with the integration and atlona matrix, but as a screen it's been relegated to the kids playroom.

That's really a shame because i love the form factor of the Horizon. With wheel stand, I like it much more than the eclipse (form factor talking).

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,108 Posts
Bronze Member

@jc

I’d say go look and listen - then you will know.

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,030 Posts
Bronze Member
The 14-40 is a winner if you can get one.

Sound wise it’s brilliant.

The horizon is easier to mount I think. I haven’t listened to one but the 14 goes hard in the sound dept.

The vision is great too.
BartS
Top 500 Contributor
107 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Sat, Nov 10 2018 9:17 AM

The LCD-screen and picture(quality) is equal. The BV 14 has a glass in front of the screen which has (a better) impact on the overal result of the picture. The sound of BV 14 is better. The speakers of the Horizon lack impact (IMHO).

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
71 Posts
Bronze Member

No to say the Horizon isn't an excellent screen, and you can pair it up with some more B&O speakers (mine is plugged into a pair of lab3's at the front, and an S8 doing the rear)

jc
Top 500 Contributor
103 Posts
Bronze Member
jc replied on Sat, Nov 10 2018 9:43 AM

The lack of a glass contrast screen gives the BV Horizon a resemblance with cheaper laptop PC's, in my opinion. But the BV 14 is not for sale any more, only the Eclipse and the Horizon remain, a strange combination, price-wise. Will B&O stop producing TV's? How can one take such expensive TV's seriously when they are discontinued so fast, within two years of introduction? It makes (even) me, as a long time B&O-enthousiast back-off and have a look at competitors. 

Perhaps B&O should produce just a "soundbar", to match any  otherTV bought by the customer.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,030 Posts
Bronze Member
JC go give the horizon a listen. You might be surprised.

You can’t compare it to the eclipse sound wise because the eclipse has a 6000$ speaker as it’s sound centre and it’s really powerful.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL