rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Gromaniac
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Gromaniac posted on Thu, Nov 8 2018 12:19 PM

Hi to everyone, 

I´m from Portugal and new here and new in B&O.

I need some suggestions from the members.

I got a Beogram 4000 with mmc20e stylus, working with S45.2 and a pre-amp + Sony amp in the middle, and is here that i want to be advised by your experience. 
I was testing a Beomaster 4400, i sounds fine, but when come the time to decide to buy or not i jumped out based on aesthetic strand (crucify me! :) ).

If ir help, i use the turntable most of time to ear "smooth" music, art rock, experimental rock, jazz and so on, and i´m focus to get a clearest but comfortable sound.

Thank´s in advance.

Regards

Hugo

All Replies

Gromaniac
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyone can help?

THX

Gromaniac
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyone can help?

THX

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
633 Posts
Gold Member
Gromaniac:

Hi to everyone,

I´m from Portugal and new here and new in B&O.

I need some suggestions from the members.

I got a Beogram 4000 with mmc20e stylus, working with S45.2 and a pre-amp + Sony amp in the middle, and is here that i want to be advised by your experience. I was testing a Beomaster 4400, i sounds fine, but when come the time to decide to buy or not i jumped out based on aesthetic strand (crucify me! :) ).

If ir help, i use the turntable most of time to ear "smooth" music, art rock, experimental rock, jazz and so on, and i´m focus to get a clearest but comfortable sound.

Thank´s in advance.

Regards

Hugo

Are you asking if you should buy a Beomaster 4400 that you find ugly instead of using a Sony and some kind of pre-amp?

How does it sound now?

For best sound, buy a better cartridge, that is if the Sony and preamp are adequate until you find a beomaster you like the sound and look of.
Gromaniac
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

HI,

i got the Sony but it doesn´t have "phono" input, and the pre-amp always put some "trash" on sound, after that the Sony as some loudness sub-bass that is not easy to ajust and in the future i will use in other sound system because of that. I need a clean sound and i´m searching, in B&O solutions, to get more sound quality.

I was thinking on Boemaster 8000, but all inputs i got is about "power" and not sound quality so much.

Thx

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
633 Posts
Gold Member
If you like the look of the Beomaster 8000 and the sound of the Beomaster 4400, then a good choice would be an 80s beomaster 6000, in my opinion.

I think a Beomaster 1900 or 2400 might be worth looking into also.

Gromaniac
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

It seem´s a good choice, i like the idea of having 2 inputs RCA + Din-5 and be smaller that the Beomaster 8000.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,799 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 7:31 PM

The 4400 is probably the sweetest sounding Beomaster - the 6000 is much the same but does have a few little foibles with the volume control. Another to consider is the Beomaster 2200 - more modern looking and an excellent 40W amplifier - has AM radio as well if useful! Usually cheap as not well known. Better sounding than the 2400 IMHO. The 8000 is good but complex and very large. I have had them all and have the 4401, 8000, 5500 (lots of connections!) and Beolab 5000 left.

Peter

Gromaniac
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you all,

Peter, about Beomaster 2200 don´t you think that 40w output to low? Another thing is about Speakers Output´s, as i could read about, the 2200 just have 2 outputs, for one pair..
If you have to choose between B&O 6000 and B&O 2200 what do you do?

Thanks once again!
Hugo

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL